Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Shopping a Sightseer 33C

I've looked at all the different models even the ones that have disappeared from the Itasca and Winnebago side like the Adventurer and the Suncruiser.

The final plan that I have decided on is a Sightseer 33C.

I'm wondering if any of you have any comments on this model and the floorplan that I mentioned. I really love the way it's compact yet very functional. It has a smaller F-53 chassis which I think won't ride quite as nice as like the 36z, but I'm going to go to the dealer to take it out on a test drive. It's got to be at least as good as my Holiday Rambler Arista 34sbd which is basically the same chassis.

Thoughts?
Jim
pequeajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequeajim View Post
I've looked at all the different models even the ones that have disappeared from the Itasca and Winnebago side like the Adventurer and the Suncruiser.

The final plan that I have decided on is a Sightseer 33C.

I'm wondering if any of you have any comments on this model and the floorplan that I mentioned. I really love the way it's compact yet very functional. It has a smaller F-53 chassis which I think won't ride quite as nice as like the 36z, but I'm going to go to the dealer to take it out on a test drive. It's got to be at least as good as my Holiday Rambler Arista 34sbd which is basically the same chassis.

Thoughts?
Jim
The 33c and 36Z have the same 22K chassis, just a different wheelbase, so ride will be very similar. We have the 33c and it's very functional for 2 people on extended stays, we live in ours during the winters in Florida, we love that floorplan.
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

We have the 33c and it works well for the wife and I and our three cats and sometimes granddaughter. However, we have had us and two teenagers with us for an extended trip. It was a bit crowded with the kids but doable. I love the floor plan with the TV on the wall above the pull-out dining room table and opposite the couch and easy chair.

I agree that it is compact and very functional. It's a great layout because with the three slides it provides nice livability and yet does it in a 33' length. The length gives us the flexibility of using campsites in National and State Parks as well as in luxury RV resorts and everything in between. I really appreciate it's size when trying to maneuver in tight spaces.

Ours handled pretty well right from the factory but I like to tweak things a bit. I would recommend an additional heavy duty sway bar for the rear end and replace the front sway bar with a heavy duty one. That helps the sway feeling when going into uneven driveways and turning corners with humps. It's not a critical upgrade just an improvement.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #4
Site Team

We love the floor plan and livability of the 33C. If we didn’t get the Adventurer 35P, we would have bought this model. Hope you have a great test ride and best of luck to you on your purchase!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2015 33C which we bought used in January 2016. We love the floor plan and have put over 9000 miles on it and doing good.
Tnroadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #6
Sightseer 33C owner

We have owned a 2012 Sightseer 33C for 5 years. Yes, the floor plan is one of the best out there. We totally love everything about it. Newer models and floor plans aren't attractive to us since we enjoy our 33C so much. Only wish we had more time to use it more. It is hardly broken in and maintained as if we will have it forever.
We upgraded the shocks to Bilsteins and added a couple items to improve handling. Work was done by Chip (RallysRus) at one of the state Winnebago rallies.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have owned a 2011 Sightseer 33c which was purchased new in 2011.

We've had minimal problems with the coach and love the longer stays livability. I agree that more robust sway bars should be installed...I did and it improved the ride/drive significantly.

Highly recommend.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

1 year now with our 33C

No major problems with our 33C. We did recently had to have the rollers replaced on the drivers side. Original rollers were too small and dragged the floor after 4 months. New rollers are larger suppose to better handle the weight of the longer slide. Time will tell.

Max
MadMax124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We bought a 2015 leftover and the only mod we did as far as handling was the CHF and I extended the front arms about 3 inches. It make a huge difference in the side to side roll. We have 12K miles so far and don't anticipate any other chassis mods.We wanted to stay as short as possible but still have a stacked W&D. I did make a lot of mods inside to make it ours and improve a few things. We love the floor plan. Plenty of room for 2 adults and still have the sofa bed for the grand kids.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We love our 2015 Sunova 33c. Currently we use it about 60 days a year (pending retirement of the wife). Got it in May 2014 (it is a 14 Chassis but a 15 model year) so far 32, 000 miles and the only major issue was the drivers side slide. Winnebago took care of the problem twice and we are confident that the upgraded slide components have solved the problem. Out side of that there was a few minor problems that the dealer took care of. Really like the floor plan, we have the optional washer/dryer which we use a lot, a satellite dish, king bed and bunk over the cab. Three quarters of the time it is just the two of us the rest of the time it is an additional one or two adults.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We had a 2016 Sightseer 33C (on 2015 chassis). Really liked the floor plan but you definitely want to check to see how things look when the slides are all in - limited aisle width up front. The 2016 Ford chassis has the 6-speed transmission which I feel is an improvement over the 5-speed - fewer rpm's when it downshifts going up hills and quieter.
Things I would have changed: queen bed instead of king (gives you more room to move around the bed), omit the bunk over the driver/passenger seats (makes it a PITA to get into the cabinet where TV/DVD boxes are located).
I'd keep the stacked washer/dryer - didn't think that I'd like it but what a convenience not to have to make trips to the laundromat; 4-door fridge w/ ice maker - lots of room for food (and ice cream!)
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:53 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I agree on the Queen bed

We shopped for quite a while looking for that (queen bed) seems all the Michigan dealers thought the King bed option was best, so we started looking when we wintered in Florida and found one that had everything we wanted. We decided against the washer dryer so not to sacrifice the pantry space. But that's why there are options, so everyone can get what they want. I agree on the "travel mode" with slides in, it's hard to move about for a sandwich break or restroom break. I wish all the basement hatch door swung left instead of over head, hard to get under them, I like the doors under the large slide best. I had the dual rear tire extensions added. Makes it nice to ck pressure before you go. We looked at many RV's for 2 years and always came back to liking the 33c layout the best, it has the TV facing the seated position, has lots of living room and comfortable for extended 2-3 month stays. There was an 37 ft Adventurer layout that was exactly the same as a 33c with an added 1/2 bath that would be nice but that has been discontinued.
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:17 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Every time I look at the 33c floorplan, I fall in love with it again.
pequeajim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sightseer