Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelcan View Post
+3 on the 38J model. We first saw that floor plan on a Voyager model. My wife immediately liked the plan but that RV had some issues that pointed toward a lack of maintenance. I then started searching for the 38J and found a 2005 Suncruiser that we purchased in Mar 16. We will finally be in a position to snow bird next Jan - Mar and have used it for some local trips. Last summer we had our daughter, SIL and 4 granddaughters for a 4 day weekend and that opposing slide in the living area was perfect.

Mike
Yes, I need to give my wife credit for our 38J find too. I retired last fall and we traveled all this past winter. Back home for the summer now but this next winter we will be snow birding in the fall and again Jan-Mar.

Times are good.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:55 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Im going to third the opinion of the 38J and the W24 chassis. I was sold on a quad slide diesel pusher in the 2008-2012 range. The more research I did the more i realize the expense of owning a bug DP. My wife showed me a 38j back in November. I put it at the top of the list and began my search. I found one in March and closed the deal on March 10th.

Its 7000 miles from home. We head down May 17 to pick it up. We are super excited to be in a great used Winnebago Adventurer.
7000 miles! I thought I was traveling far to get my 38J (1200 miles). Good luck with it. I should be picking mine up about the same time.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjclarke696 View Post
7000 miles! I thought I was traveling far to get my 38J (1200 miles). Good luck with it. I should be picking mine up about the same time.
Hahaha. The coach is in West Point Virginia and we are flying in from Anchorage Alaska to Richmond VA. Uber ride out to West Point. After picking it up we are going to head to the store and stock up on dishes and groceries then head to Washington DC for about a week. After DC we will head west toward southern Illinois where my wife's brother has 20 acres and some large outbuildings. We will store the coach in one of his pole barns till the fall.

Where are you picking yours up from?
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:34 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Look at the floor plan that best fits your must haves, wants and nice to haves. Then find the unit that has been well cared for and will go through a rigid inspection of the house and chassis. Then based on condition and cost make your decision.

I believe more RV'ers change units because they are not happy with the way the unit lives in than the brand.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Quote:
Good info UP.

Do you have a post or write up about your LED lamp swaps? Obviously the small bulb swaps to LED are simple but the bigger ceiling lights down the center of the coach may be a little more difficult. Having not even stepped into the coach I'm not sure if those bigger ceiling lights are florescent tubes or just multi bulb incandescent's. Can you obliterate a little without hyjacking the thread. A PM could always work too but I'm sure everyone would be interested in going from 42.7 amps to 4.2 amps. Hahaha
I think I counted around 26 lights on the inside that I converted to LEDs! The majority are just plug and play I got from Ebay. The center overhead florescent I added 2 24 LED panels to. I wired in a switch to turn off the power to the transformer so just the LEDs come on when the wall switch by the door is turned on. If I want to have the florescent lights on, I just reach up and flip the switch on.
I also re-wired the lights above the sink and stove/counter with the same LED panels. I'll post a couple pics for you here.
Hope this isn't too much of hijack of the thread, but it is your thread, and you asked.
It takes a few weeks to get the LEDs from my friend in China, but they work very well! I can PM you the details if you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH lite2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	161609   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH lite.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	161610  

2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:01 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Hahaha. The coach is in West Point Virginia and we are flying in from Anchorage Alaska to Richmond VA. Uber ride out to West Point. After picking it up we are going to head to the store and stock up on dishes and groceries then head to Washington DC for about a week. After DC we will head west toward southern Illinois where my wife's brother has 20 acres and some large outbuildings. We will store the coach in one of his pole barns till the fall.

Where are you picking yours up from?
You want to swap coaches? I'll pick up yours you pick up mine? I'm in NJ and picking mine up in MO. 2005 Voyage 38J. Doing the same thing. Flying into Kansas City then a car service to pick up the coach then a slow ride east camping in different spots along the way.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, vent, adventurer