Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

On our new 2005 Sightseer 29R, the seatbelt light comes on immediately after the engine is started. However, after we both fasten our seat belts, the light does not immediately go out. It almost acts like it is on a timer - will turn off after a predetermined number of minutes.

Is that how yours works too? (Our cars turn off the seatbelt light as soon as we buckle up - is it different for a motorhome?)
Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

On our new 2005 Sightseer 29R, the seatbelt light comes on immediately after the engine is started. However, after we both fasten our seat belts, the light does not immediately go out. It almost acts like it is on a timer - will turn off after a predetermined number of minutes.

Is that how yours works too? (Our cars turn off the seatbelt light as soon as we buckle up - is it different for a motorhome?)
Old 08-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Most MH's I have had the seat belt light would time out, not go off when you plugged in last seatbelt. Would cost to much for what you want. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I had the same thing on a 2003 Suncruiser. 95% of the time it would go out as soon as buckling up but 5% of the time it would stay on until it felt like going out. This varied from 30 seconds to 15 minutes with no set rhyme or reason. I thought it was a sticky switch but slamming the belt in and out, jumping around on the seat, and cycling the ignition switch all made no difference. It was infrequent enough that I just let it go.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi Alfred,
Ours will come on and stay on for awhile (maybe 30 seconds) after we fasten our seatbelts. Then it will blink for about 15 seconds and then go out. I think it's just there to warn you for a long time and then times out. I've never had it stay on, but it's deffinately on long enough to make my wife and I worry if something was wrong with it. As soon as we would look at each other and say something about it, it would go out. I don't believe it's any biggie, just an annoyance.
Have fun,
AKBrick
Old 08-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I found the same condition on our '05 Workhorse W22 and asked the rep about it. I was told that all Workhorse chassis use a timer function on the seatbelt warning, similar to what WI puts on the antenna up warning light. It is not affected by the use or non use of seat belts and should go off in approximately 30 seconds.

As others have said, a nuisance, but not enough of one to me to try to find a way to disable it.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, All, VERY much! Now that I know it is operating properly it will not be a distraction any more.

Part of our familys "take off checklist" is to do a roll call to ask is seat belts are fastened. Then, after I call all the names, the kids ask me if I've got mine on.

Thanks again! Your feedback is geatly appreciated!