Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Satellite Antenna Power Switch

We recently purchased an Adventurer 38t that has a Winegard antenna. The rep at Winegard was assisting me in trying to set up my new Direct TV receiver which a Direct TV technician could not do previously. The Winegard rep asked if I had turned the antenna power on and I said no. She said there is a power switch somewhere in the coach. I searched the coach twice and cannot find the switch. She even emailed me a picture of the switch and I still cannot locate it. Does anyone have any knowledge as to where the switch might be located. Thanks for any assistance.
rockymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You may want to add what year your coach is, they do make changes.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It is an 08. The antenna is a Winegard Road Trip SD added by the original owner sometime after the coach was purchased in '08.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I would look where the Coax comes in from the Satellite. It would think that they wouldn't run two lines down different paths. Each year it would be different but my dish power switch is located in the front console over the drivers seat near where I have the Dish box and coax connections. As some years they pre-wire the satellite dishes by leaving the wires under the roof at a known location they might have pre=wired the power. Mine is a regular light switch has is has a light in the switch that comes on when powered.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I found the switch. It is located in the cabinet above the passenger's seat. I saw it numerous times but never realized it was the power switch for the antenna since it looks like a transformer to an electric train. I was told that it should look like a common switch that is located throughout the coach. That was what I was looking for not realizing the very large metal box that looked like a transformer was the antenna switch. Live and learn. Hopefully I can now get my Direct TV receiver activated before our departure day after tomorrow. Thanks for your input and willingness to help an old newbie.

Tags
antenna, power, satellite, switch