Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Rv cover

Any recommendations for a cover for a 2020 Adventure 33c. Will park in driveway till fall.
sjgascho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This is what I’ve used. Has held up well over the winter, we had so,e 50+ gusts and no issues.

https://www.etrailer.com/Covers/Adco/290-34827.html
Old 05-03-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
JBP
Winnie-Wise

lots of discussion on this topic. Do a search and see.
I am not a fan of covers.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Sjgascho,
A cover can be of benefit in certain conditions, and for me it is OK:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...2m-355809.html
Welcome to the Forum.
Thanks, Eagle5.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:31 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I've got a great cover but I hate it. Its held up well when I use it but I tend to use it less and less. Its does get filthy and grimey (sometimes gritty which is worrisome) though and cleaning the cover seems almost impossible.

We had a ton of pine trees next to where we park the rig at the house. The pines really messed up the rig's roof.

The cover is very heavy, bulky and awkward to use. Getting it up on the roof, spread out and secured is difficult to say the least. This we only use it when we know we are not using the rig for very long stretches- usually 2 + months without turning a wheel. Accessing the rig once the cover is on with the long door zipper is not fun at all. More importantly the older I get the less sure footed I am on the roof and getting on top is never advisable nor is it easy. And raising the heavy cover to the roof is very difficult.

I spent a good $500 on the cover. I found it was easier to spend another $500 to remove the pine trees resulting in a very clean roof and rig without the acrobatics needed for me to climb to the roof and get the cover on. We haven't used the cover in a year now. I hope I can keep it that way.

For what I have spent in the cover and tree removal I wish I had somehow been able to install a shed roof. But I can't fit a shed roof and meet county requirements on my property
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

If you don't have trees, maybe do without a cover. As mentioned, heavy, hard to clean.

If you do have trees, maybe just use blue tarps that you add a bunch of eyelets too and hang gallon jugs of cheap window washer antifreeze to. The ACs will cause the tarps to tent, and the water in the jugs will weigh the tarps down so less susceptible to wind. Most people have them brushing the ground so they don't move much.

Those $500 covers tend to trap moisture under them that promotes mold, and they do tend to billow in the wind somewhat which abrades the paint.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I bought a cover (only paid $175) prior to the winter and because of all the mods I was doing on my rig, never had a chance to use it. Big regret. I live in a heavily wooded area with a large oak tree directly overhead. I had to clean/clear it off at least 3 times during the fall/winter. Besides the acorns, a large branch broke off and put a dent into the roof. Fortunately, it was a near miss and didn't rupture the roof membrane or break any vents.

Next year, despite the hassle of putting it on, I will definitely use it even if it only lasts 2-3 years. When I do install it, I'll put a large sheet of bubble wrap under the cover to protect it from acorns (widowmakers).
Old 05-19-2021, 05:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
This is what I’ve used. Has held up well over the winter, we had so,e 50+ gusts and no issues.

https://www.etrailer.com/Covers/Adco/290-34827.html
I have had the adco for 3 yrs and other than some small tears it has held up well. Fairly easy to put on and remove. Buy for actual RV measured length.
dale57 is offline   Reply With Quote