Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-30-2019, 11:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Roof vent replacement

I have a Winnebago vista 29ve with just a vent in the kitchen area that is not a fan. Just wondering if anyone knows if the wires are run there in order to install a powered fantastic fan. Mine is a 2018 and i noticed that the 2019 models now have the power vent in.You would think it would be a safety issue not to have one in the cooking area. I wonder if thats why they decided to install them on the 2019 models. Thanks
MinnieKJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieKJB View Post
I have a Winnebago vista 29ve with just a vent in the kitchen area that is not a fan. Just wondering if anyone knows if the wires are run there in order to install a powered fantastic fan. Mine is a 2018 and i noticed that the 2019 models now have the power vent in.You would think it would be a safety issue not to have one in the cooking area. I wonder if thats why they decided to install them on the 2019 models. Thanks

We replaced all of the standard roof vents of our 2016 Minnie Winnie with MaxxAir fan vents. I had hoped that wiring already ran through the vent cavities but that wasn't the case except for the bath fan. So I used a solid but slightly flexible aluminum rod to carefully punch a hole through the Styrofoam in the roof to the nearest light fixture to tap the 12v power supply and ground. It worked like a charm!

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, roof, vent