Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2022, 10:25 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Liv4weekends, I installed an over all cover such as the following. I have no rain getting inside at all. I leave the fan lid open always.
Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze Trailer Roof Vent Cover - 23" x 19.5" x 10.25" - White

Item # FVU1500WH
Old 04-13-2023, 06:43 PM   #22
36G Journey Owner

Winning the lottery is probably easier...

Thanks to all the replies - I didn't get a chance sooner to respond back but have decided that I like the FRP concept, but not sure it will look good throughout. Once I get the lousy black foam backing off the ceiling, should not be an issue cutting and fitting whatever I do put on the ceiling.
It has been a while since I was able to devote any time to this project, and I just posted with the newest 'issue'... 'no start' problem, and now 'engine dies' electrical issue. Gotta love Winnie. Might be better to win the PowerBall and just by a new Newmar.

I should also add to whoever has this 'problem' - since posting the original message I spoke to a neighbor and found out he also had an RV.. but I did not know. He keeps his rig in a building under cover in FL, and said my issue was a result of high temps in the summer and not enough ventilation. This is true - seems if you want your ceiling to never fall down, either make sure you don't get into a high temp/humidity storage scenario -or keep your A/C on during the summer. The ceiling is NOT falling down because of leaking/water infiltration. And now you know.. the rest of the story. Good day!
NatureNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 07:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I put FRP in the bathroom of my MH. It wasn't too difficult but, for your bigger pieces you'll need one or two extra sets of hands. I don't remember what adhesive I used but it was a 3m spray product.

My fuzzy ceiling was held on by a water soluble glue that came easily came off after spraying with water. Hopefully your much newer MH has a similar adhesive. I was shocked that Winnebago used a fuzzy fabric ceiling adhered with water soluble glue in the bathroom, including the shower.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 06:10 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
The factory tells owners to check the roof caulking every 6-12 months and to inspect all roof radius areas for shrinking caulk. Many do not follow that advice.
I missed this memo but have learned this to true after fixing a few leaks in the first year of ownership myself. I also avoid awkward turns that would cause the frame to twist or break the caulk seals along the roof edge. What I find most concerning is my dealer made no mention of frequent roof inspection requirements at time of purchase. I guess it doesn't help that I only once went to the dealer for service. One trip to the deal was enough for me. Oh and I'm dreading taking our unit in for the awning recall.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 06:46 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Getting back to your leak issue. A leak starting in the bathroom makes me think your skylight is leaking. You can tell a lot about what's going on by removing the inner skylight. That will expose the roof structure and any water damage should be evident. Look for discolored or luan that's coming apart.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, ceiling, journey, leaks, roof