Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2021, 07:00 PM   #21
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

Yep, I think mine would have to go through the windshield. At least that's what I've read for others who have the same unit.
DNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:12 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Many take the doors and hinges off both the RV and the fridge. Measure twice before attempting to enter.

Thats how we replaced our damaged french door unit. Went through the door- not fun- with fridge doors removed. But it did fit
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:42 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkamery View Post
YGoHom: I love your idea for the door latch and your refrigerator looks very similar to the 10.1 cu ft one I installed in mine. Did you build this yourself from premachined over the counter parts or design it and machine the parts? The only part that has me curious is if the base plate and perpendicular actuator holder plate are welded or if the whole piece was cut from a block on a mill? Also interested in where you got the red plastic covers?

Jim
Thank you, Jim. I made everything from aluminum sheet. Easy to cut, bend and punch holes. The thread covers can be found at hardwares, Amazon, eBay, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E9D08AF6-D55A-4117-BD1F-D4649FA50C2E.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	178002  
Old 03-23-2021, 04:09 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

We have a french door residential fridge.
This is what our prep fridge looks like.( I tried rotating it but it insist on posting sideways.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040576.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	178011

That is a cutting board with a dish towel and some foam to hold it in place. Everything in an RV should have at least two uses ;-)

Below the french doors is a block of foam that fits very snug and supports the door so that the dynamic loads of driving do not stress the hinges. The freezer door is well supported so it can take the load. If it were not I would place foam underneath it as well.

We try to lighten the doors before traveling by putting heavy stuff on the bottom shelf. We also move heavy stuff down from upper shelves.

We have three curtain rods that are used to hold thing in place.
cruizerEd is offline   Reply With Quote