Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

replacement exterior light cover

I found out that the company who manufactured the exterior lights above the windshield of our 2014 Vista went out of business. Was told this by a part person at Lichstein; he wasn't much assistance as to what to do next. The light still works but the dome cover is gone. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for a replacement? Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4288.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	424.0 KB
ID:	179007  
Old 05-20-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

https://winnebagoparts.com/order-contact/
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:43 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Most of the clearance marker lights on RVs are common 3rd party products. Try a truck stop, trailer store, etc. Probably can get both bulb and LED versions. Just take a few measurements (diameter etc.) and see if there is a brand on the amber lens, or even a model number. Google will find you several online stores. You might have to replace the entire light.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies. The Winnebago parts store also doesn't have the lens cover. I may call a RV salvage yard tomorrow and see what that brings.

Debbie
Old 05-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Thinking of the very tiny details it takes to match a cover to the basic light, I might favor going for the whole light as being far more likely to find one to work.
Thinking of the cover, there are all kinds of small point like size and shape but also the tiny grooves, notches or whatever system each uses to attach the cover to the light and those are the tings which may make this hard.

On the other hand, these are a very common item on millions of trucks, vans and RV.
I might go with first looking at the light for codes stamped in the plastic and if so lucky as finding something common like "FoMoCo", etc. I would just move to looking for one so close that it could not be spotted as different from the others.!

If one were truly of the sort who would not accept one different, the idea of replacing all three is not totally out of price as they are often just a few dollars each and the work is pretty low grade.

I would go for different--- until my wife found out they were different, even if she could not tell me which is different!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

As mentioned, any truck parts store will have several models of those running light assemblies as they are an off the shelf item that RV manufacturers just order like everyone else. Cost would be $2-$3 for the lens. Take one of your other lenses in with you to check size. Can't find the exact replacement lens? Then what I do is buy the entire assembly that is close to what I have. Even then it's only $6 or so.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those lens covers are hard to come by. The company was called Glo Brite and went under several years ago. Various manufacturers (including Winnie) continue to install them until the stock ran out. You can find them on eBay, but usually for a pretty penny. Some details here.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/obs...ts-477005.html

You might get lucky on eBay with some digging or may be best to find the closest match you can and swap the unit out.
Old 05-24-2021, 06:40 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks y'all for ideas and assistance.I've got one of the lens cap next to the computer for reference. There is absolutely nothing stamped anywhere on it. The base is still attached to the coach and unless there is something on the back, there's nothing there either. Interestingly, the running light on the sides of the coach are the same. Thinking that it snaps on, I tested it, no snaps! The thing slipped off in my hand, I guess there is supposed to be glue that attaches it to the base; as a matter of fact, I have a feeling they are all loose, based on the dirt I see inside. No wonder we lost one! Driving over the good old interstates, especially here in South Carolina, probably jarred it loose I'll just keep looking a bit more. My hubby is quite handy (as all motorhome owners are), I may just by the whole kit and replace the three and keep the lens covers to sell on eBay for $30 apiece
Old 05-24-2021, 02:17 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Let us know where you land! (I’ve got the same lights on my Vista and I’m dreading this happening to me).

That link i had to the IRV2 forum had posts from someone that found a LED one by a different manufacturer that were a close match, they too seem hard to find but being newer might have better luck?
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:42 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2014 Sunstar 31KE, the Itasca version of the Vista. See this thread of mine for replacement Optronics LED oval lights for those clearance lights. (Somewhere else, I found replacement red round LED lights for the rear clearance lights.)

Read the entire thread for how to install them, and seal them properly.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...nd-353403.html
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Unhappy Bit the bullet

I ran into the same issue with my Adventure an ended up purchasing one from Ebay since I did not want to replace all 5 so they would be identical.
LeonardoBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I popped off the lens on one of mine and found the name imprint and searched Amazon. I bought several and it was a perfect match. They are rather inexpensive as well. Good luck ��

Looking forward to our next Chapter!!
TheArthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:19 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I’ve got the problem on my 2015 Itasca Sunstar. On mine they are “Glo-Brite 122R” and “122Y”. So far I have only found them on EBay, and they are pretty pricey, so I’m still looking.
mitchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I see lots of thoughtful replies as always. The big takeaway is clearance lights are from multiple independent manufactures. And their replacement with a different version is easy and low tech. You'll need inline butt splices, and a crimper. You may or may not need to drill one new hole, of the two; and put a blob of silicon in the unused old hole. But I bet if you dig, you can find a center to center measurement and match the holes too. It's a great time to buy LED replacements for older incandescent bulbs, as prices have continued to decline. Online trailer supply places like etrailer or Camping World offer them for much less than a local store. Sometimes by half. Just make sure you get the two-wire versions for a fiberglass body RV. The single wire versions are for metal bodies, that get ground from the frame. You'll notice online that a lense costs almost as much as the whole fixture. So having a complete assembly as a spare could be a wise choice too.
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

e trailer .com
BobbyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

On surface mount clearance lights its often cheaper to just replace them altogether. The 4 inch surface mount LED Clearance/Running Board lights available on the shelf at many Walmarts start at around $6 each and if the ones on the sides match those above the windshield then I would simply replace the ones on the sides and use the ones I replaced to repair the one missing its cover above the windshield and keep the second one as a spare.

See: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blazer-In...ll&athena=true

Tags
ace, light, replace, replacement