Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Repair leaky gray water tank '06 Vector

Narrowed down water in cargo and water systems bays. No water leaks while parked but as soon as the mh is moved to the dump station with as little as 25 gals of gray water on board, I end up with water in the 2 bays below the holding tank. Anyone ever try to remove either holding tanks in '06 Vector?
Dick1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

By filling my gray tank to the max found water in basement storage before seeing water in shower base. opened up panel above basement compartment just below shower/bathroom sink I saw tank had dropped away from the piping.

I added a rubber coupling (1-1/2" Fernco) and resupported the tank. about two hours work and no more leaks or smell.

My smell may have been worse due to dishwasher and disposer going into gray tank.
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

What do you mean that you opened up panel below sink. I see the same problem with my unit, but I don't know how to get to the top of the tank. Did you cut the floor?
Old 07-22-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

On my unit, with basement doors open. I have a sheet metal panel above the basement compartment and below the belt line/hing level, about 8 x 36" painted flat black. I removed the door struts and sheet panel and I can then see the complete passenger side of the gray tank. Tank has sloped bottom to drain to the driver side wet bay. shims saport the tank on passenger side. Inlet to tank easy to see and repair as it is close to outside edge.

let me know if I can share any more info with anyone.

TJ
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Same problem

I have an 06 adventurer with the same problem, drain and vent pipe were not completely setinto grommets on the top of the gray tank. Fixed by reseating the pipes and securing with clamps.
Every thing good for over a year, then the smell came back. I pulled the panel to see the top of the tank. When gray tank filled, waterdoes not backup into the shower but leaks out the top of the tank thru what i believe is a crack in the tank.

In the shop waiting ffor a new tank from winniebago, none in stock so tank has to be made, expected delivery time 4 to 5 weeks.

The pronlem is caused because the tank is not properly supported and the edges of the tank dropped about 1 1/5 inches.

If you have reconnected the pipes, you should examine the sides of the tank to see if the tank.

The tank is < $400 but the labor wiLL probably be around 1200.

GOOD LUCK

dennis
frayfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, repair, tank, water