Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Removing outside TV

2017 Winnebago 31BE and need 4" of additional space for dual recliners. Has anyone removed their outside TV to get some extra floor space? We've never used the outside TV and quite frankly I've seldom seen them used. I removed the back inside the MH and there's a black metal housing that contains the TV. Lots of wires but I do not plan on cutting or routing any wires; just disconnecting the TV. Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Just disconnect power and cable from the TV as well as it's mounting and pull it out. I suspect it has a 115V power plug so if you pull it out of the socket then it will be fine. If it is DC powered you may have to trace back the wires and disconnect them at the source. Or cut them and wire nut and tape them off for safety.

I can't quite reconcile the 60" width of the dual recliner with the space behind the TV, but if you can make it work, go for it. You will probably have to spend more effort trimming around the inside opening than removing the TV.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I've wondered about this so it is very interesting. Can you post some pictures of your efforts and progress? Thanks!
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #4
Site Team

Hey, there's a thread on this today and it shows the photo of the wall cab behind the sofa and the TV's metal box. You might want to look at this one and ask some questions.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3880342

When I read you initial post I thought "What on earth would make you think that was going to work?" Now, I've see the photo and I see why you want to do that.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Installing sofa

Thanks folks. Actually I removed it prior to seeing the pictures posted and everything went smooth. In order to hold the new sofa in place I'll put wood screws through the bottom frame of the new sofa. That is how Winnebago mounted the initial couch. Also, if possible, I'll route the seat belts into the new seats. The pictures provided were excellent.