RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-01-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Removing a TV in a Sunstar LX

I have been contimplating switching out the TV in our living area, it's mounted in an inset area above the electric fireplace. But for the life of me I can't figure out how they got it in there, never mind how to get it out. The wall it is on is shared with the half bath, but I don't see any access from the other side of the wall either. I must be missing something...
__________________
2019 Sunstar LX 35F
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ toad
steved28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 277
Can you hold a smart phone or camera at the top and take a picture looking down? I have to do that to see the connections on my TV.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 3,021
Didn’t someone ask about this a couple of months ago? If I remember correctly there was a wood trim piece at the top and on the left side of the tv. Those were removable by removing a couple of screws and then the tv could be lifted to remove it from the wall.
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved28 View Post
I have been contimplating switching out the TV in our living area, it's mounted in an inset area above the electric fireplace. But for the life of me I can't figure out how they got it in there, never mind how to get it out. The wall it is on is shared with the half bath, but I don't see any access from the other side of the wall either. I must be missing something...

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?
tkolsky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
Have you found a solution yet to remove the tv?
tkolsky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolsky69 View Post
Have you found a solution yet to remove the tv?
No, I haven't really pursued it further because I have an appointment for some warranty work in November and figured I would ask them then. The TV works fine, I would just like to upgrade it at some point to something "smarter" so I can stream directly to it without using my current dongle.
__________________
2019 Sunstar LX 35F
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ toad
steved28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved28 View Post
No, I haven't really pursued it further because I have an appointment for some warranty work in November and figured I would ask them then. The TV works fine, I would just like to upgrade it at some point to something "smarter" so I can stream directly to it without using my current dongle.
I did a similar upgrade to my 31BE. What I found was that the apps on Roku, Fire and other devices are updated more often than the smart tv apps.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 8
I contacted Winnebago about removing the bedroom tv and the tech emailed me a diagram and a pic which made it semi-easy. They have been helpful whenever I've called and never ask me if I'm the original owner, etc.
richp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Winnebago told me to remove top wood trim piece above tv. That gives you access to the 4 top screws holding the the tv mounting bracket. After removing the 4 screws, lift the tv up and out. I removed bedroom tv this way, but it didn't require removing any wood trim. Removing tv is the only way to access hdmi ,etc. plugins. I have always had a good experience contacting Winnebago online for technical help.
asweany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
remove tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by asweany View Post
winnebago told me to remove top wood trim piece above tv. That gives you access to the 4 top screws holding the the tv mounting bracket. After removing the 4 screws, lift the tv up and out. I removed bedroom tv this way, but it didn't require removing any wood trim. Removing tv is the only way to access hdmi ,etc. Plugins. I have always had a good experience contacting winnebago online for technical help.
how do you remove the wood trim? There are no screws holding it into place.
tkolsky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #11
Itasca Sunstar Owner
 
Higshar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 29
The wood trim is only held in with two small finishing nails at either end. Gently pry it out. You can use a small putty knife to get between the trim and wall and pry it out.
__________________
2015 Itasca Sunstar 35F
Higshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing Engine Cover on 2016 Sunstar LX27N starcrwzr Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 3 03-29-2018 06:18 PM
Removing the couch Big Ben Winnebago General Discussions 9 09-03-2007 05:50 PM
Removing rear TV AFChap Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 8 01-14-2007 08:34 AM
Removing holding tank sensors?? smlranger Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 6 07-02-2005 06:07 AM
Removing Exterior Decals General Maintenance and Repair 27 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×