Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Refrigerator

Our Refrigerator intermittently quits cooling when switching from propane to shore power. If we shut it off for a half hour and turn it back on then it works fine. Does anyone out there know of a cure for this.

Thanks

Rick and Leeann
Rick and LeeAnn Rhynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Trying to understand the problem you are describing. By "intermittently" quits cooling when switching from propane to shore power, I take intermittently to mean it does not happen every time? But is the problem at the switch over from propane to AC power or will it cool for a while on shore power and then at some point quit cooling until you shut it off for a half hour or so?. Ever tried switching from propane to AC by using the Genny? The refer should not know the difference between Genny AC power and shore power but it would be interesting to see. When you say it quits cooling, you mean quits and stays quit until you shut it off for half hour then turn on again? Sorry for all the questions....trying to hone in....
Old 10-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Would help get more answers or suggestions if you mentioned brand of refer. And put the year, brand, and model of your RV in your signature so we know what's what.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

How do you know it's not cooling? I am going to assume you have a typical 2 way RV style and the operation on electric is rather quiet. On mine, Norcold 1200, the control panel has an automatic position that will switch the operating from propane to electric automatically. Or I can choose to do that action manually. Are you getting a fault code on the control panel?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Would help get more answers or suggestions if you mentioned brand of refer. And put the year, brand, and model of your RV in your signature so we know what's what.
I tried putting my info in my signature, and it don't show up.
Maybe doing something wrong like other newbies.
Lee

Tags
refrigerator