Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rear TV 30B Sightseer

Has any one replaced the rear TV with a LCD. I'm trying to get rid of the head wacker. Im hoping someone has tackled this project.
scarecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Yep - piece of cake. Replaced the shelve with a 24" LCD last month and very pleased. Mounted the wall bracket thru the luan at the foot of the bed with 6 bolts and the lock nuts inside of the bathroom wall.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

HughP, This is my 3rd try to respond, Could you walk me through the process.I'm logged in and when I try to post a reply it says I'm not signed in. ??
Old 05-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGHP View Post
Yep - piece of cake. Replaced the shelve with a 24" LCD last month and very pleased. Mounted the wall bracket thru the luan at the foot of the bed with 6 bolts and the lock nuts inside of the bathroom wall.
The last post got through,we'll try again. Is the wall bracket bolted through at the same height as the original shelf,it seems to run across to the bathroom wall,and does your bolts go through the wall showing the nuts in the bathroom? I have more questions but will defer to you...if this gets posted.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

From start to finish this project took less than 4 hours. More figuring than actual labor. Mount your new LCD to the bracket and hold it against the wall where you want. Then put the wall bracket so the top of your LCD is just below the ceiling and lean the TV downward. There are 2 walls of luan paneling so the bolts went thru both and fastened on the bathroom wall with locknuts covered with a picture. The bracket instructions calls for only 2 screws into a stud but since there isn't one where the TV mounts I used 6 bolts to rest my mind. There was 6 holes in my mount bought from Best Buy.

Hint: To remove the shelf pry the bottom off to expose the phillips head screws attaching the shelf to the walls.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hugh,

Thank you for the walk through, I will get back with my project...had it all done,I was logged in,went to post it and it said I was not logged in again..
Old 05-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I might not have been clear about the new tv location. It's now in the center of the wall at the foot of the bed. Not in the corner where the original location/shelf was.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I removed shelf in my 30B two years ago as well and mounted new TV in center of wall. Much better to get around with shelf gone. Easy upgrade....enjoy.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

What bracket did you use? I am trying to find one right now for the same install. Does it lock into place?
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

This is the the non-tilting model of the one I have. Both are sold by Best Buy. Online if you don't have a store nearby. It does lock.Init® - Low-Profile Wall Mount for 13" - 25" Flat-Panel TVs - Graphite - NT-TVM101
Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

This is the exact mount I have. Found on Amazon for $12.95.Wish I had seen this beefore paying $29.95 at Best Buy. Amazon.com: Init Tilting Wall Mount for 13 - 30in Flat Panel TVs: Electronics
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Bought my mount at Home Depot. Mounts flush to wall, locks in place, and can be removed if needed.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Thanks everyone, just what I needed. Purchased one from Amazon today.

scarecoupe--Hope you got the information you needed. That will make a nice upgrade.

By the way--can you tell me if I have access to over the air and cable in the bedroom? I do not have a switch box up front. I have just purchased a DVD player and I know that is not wired to the rear. Hopefully I can get everything wired up and working when that mount gets here. Thanks for the help.
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thank you one and all for the replys. I did get my 19" up and you folks motivated me to try something. I had a smaller shelf made and I think it will work out ok . I opted to stay in the corner.