Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Rear camera - Suncruiser

I have a 2008 Itasca 38T Suncruiser. We just got back from a three week trip and about two weeks into it the rear camera quit working. I have side cameras and they work fine but the rear camera says no signal. Any ideas? I don't think it is the monitor because the side [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]cameras [COLOR=blue ! important]work[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
smitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'll be interested to see responses you get because my rear camera has become intermittent too.

BTW, your message was posted twice and I deleted one of them to avoid having a duplicate.

Best of luck

rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I had the same symptoms and found the connector right at the rear camera had corroded and was making bad contact. My solution was rather over the top but I just didn't want to mess with it again. I cut off both connectors at the rear cap and soldered and covered the connections with shrink tubing. There are only five or six wires going into the camera and it wasn't hard to get them mated after cutting the connectors off.

Dick
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If your camera system is like the one that was on my previous coach, a 2007 Winnebago Voyage, each camera has a short pig tail that connects to the cable that then is routed to the monitor.
I lost the right side camera and found the cable had come loose at the pigtail under the dash at the side wall just inside where the camera is mounted. I would check this on the rear camera. Not sure how on your coach to get to it, but there is a connector back there.
Also check to be sure it has not come loose at the monitor. Each camera has a connection to the monitor that could come loose as well.
Good Luck,
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Rear camera

Don't know what type of camera you have but I lost the rear camera soon after we got our 08 Tour. It would work sometimes and then just stop working. We took it to a couple of dealers and to the Winnebago factory. Got all kinds of solutions from replacing the monitor, (Winnebago) to running new cable, (Camping World). We took it back to CW after they assured us that the cable was the problem and would stand behind the job. (They said it probably had a staple through it)It STILL didn't work all the time. We had to pay for the cable. When we took it back they had a young kid look at it and he immediately found a bad connection terminal at the monitor. It's been fine ever since. So, we now have two cables running from the rear camera and a different monitor, which is smaller and doesn't really fit the space....but it works!
Good luck on yours,
M n M
mikenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem as Dick. My camera would flutter, loose the signal, then pop back on. When I removed the camera cover, I discovered that the cable was hanging, without support, and the weight of the cable had pulled the connection loose. I cleaned the connectors, taped it up, and anchored the cable with tie wraps. It's worked fine ever since.

Our blog
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Will give all the suggestions a shot this weekend and let everyone know what I find. Thank all of you for the suggestions.......Smitty
Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Ours looses sound in rain and heavy dew, sometimes the picture is blurry too till the camera dries out...had the dealer look at it and they could not duplicate the problem....how about that.....it does it every time it rains but they could not duplicate it.....So when i get the coach home I will take the camera apart myself and fix it...I suspect abad connection or leaking housing..
Old 09-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

back up cams system for under $100.

My Sony was not working in my used, 95 Winnebago Vectra 35RQ..
I looked around and found they wanted $700 for a used replacement sony monitor, and 300 to 500 for a camera ( and these are obsolete used parts )
I got on E-bay and bought a 7" led flat screen, used a piece of tinted plexi glass to make a boarder around the new display.. replaced the cameras with 2, $12. cams from Ebay 170 deg with back up lines. Works very well, has 2 views up close and straight back. reused original cable and ran a new one. both cams work very well, even down to 0 LUX.. and has a remote. only draw back is there is no sound. ( yet).. ;-) Very happy with new system, total cost was about $70.. well worth it.
If you contact me I'll look on e-bay and send you links.
Dan.
kb7uxe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	driver1.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	26921   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv2.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	26922  

kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem with my '08 Sightseer. I took the little rubber washer off the hole for the camera cord on the back cap and pulled a ty-rapped bunch of cord out through the hole. It was kinked up rather tightly- I took the ty-rap off and fed the cord loosly back into the hole. That was over a year ago and the camera has been fine since.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks everyone for all the info. I will post what I find. Thanks Again.Smitty
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I only have a rear camera plugged into "A" and mine occasionally shows the rear when on "A" and "B". The first time I noticed was right after a dealer washed it, but that can't have anything to do with it as it only has one input plugged in. It still does it, but only briefly.

I'm currently installing a "Gas Pump Camera" for "B" so I can see when I'm lined up with the pump nozzle. Should get the camera this week. Hope "A" and "B" don't conflict.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

How did the gas pump camera work out?

Got any photos?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Wokrked fine. See this thread. page 5.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/gas-p...ml#post1406437
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags