Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Reading Light on 03 Adventurer

Just recently purchased 33V and have a few questions...Hoping some of you on here have a 03 Adventurer 33V and can tell me a few things..The question I have right now is how do I turn on the reading light behind the drivers seat,,,I cant find the switch....
budsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Hi, The reading light behind the drivers seat is turned on by the dash dimmer switch which is the wheel to the right of the headlight switch.

Will be glad to answer any other questions you have on a fine product like the Winnewbago adventurer 33v.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Tom.....For your quick response and now I know how to turn on that light.....My next problem is..The water heater does not work on electric....Its good on gas....but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it or check the anodes for burnout..Do I have to remove the water heater unit to check it out..Thanks
budsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Could be a few things, but I won't assume anything. Check your circuit breakers and make sure it is plugged in. I have had this problem in the past so will pass on an expensive lesson. I called a mobile repairman and the crux of the matter was that my power distribution center had cut the power to the water heater as I was plugged into 30 amps and was running some large draw appliances. So....shut everything off and then try the heater, if that doesn't work someone else on this site may have an answer.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If the element is good, and there is power to the heater, then it could be the manually resettable overload (ECO), or the little additional power switch on the back of the unit. This switch went bad on my previous coach and I jumpered it out of the circuit.

I found it a lot easier to work on the unit with it removed. But you might be able to check it out by removing the white wall located in the compartment. But it is still tight to remove the metal cover over the element.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

budsmith, always check the cheapest part first.. mine quit working, it was the on/off switch on the panel. Check continuity (SP) on the switch.. my new switch was $3.99 at O'reilly's auto.
donhoward49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

On our '05 33v there is access to the back of the hot water heater from underneath the coach directly below the back of the hwh. In case your year model may be the same, look for a flat black oval plastic plate and pop it off with a screw driver.

Our hwh didn't work on electic because of a broken wire which was accessed thru the oval port.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Smile Don't feel too foolish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsmith View Post
Just recently purchased 33V and have a few questions...Hoping some of you on here have a 03 Adventurer 33V and can tell me a few things..The question I have right now is how do I turn on the reading light behind the drivers seat,,,I cant find the switch....
We just bought the same coach. I looked for that switch for hrs. I discovered it turned on with the driver door opened. Then the light went on (sorry very bad pun). I figured that it's like a dome light. My husband uses it as a hat hanger anyway. My side I do use for a light, LOL.
luckydog08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent