Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Radio wiring harness vista 31BE

I am replacing my pioneer Touchscreen radio which does not have SiriusXM capability. I am replacing it with a Sony XAV-AX200. Here’s my problem. I cannot find out what type of wiring connector comes standard in this model Winnebago. Class A harnesses are supplied by the motorhome manufacture. Unlike class C motorhomes in which the connector is standard for the chassis manufacturer i.e. ford 350. Best Buy said they need to know what the standard connector is for that motorhome in order to obtain the correct harness.
I contacted Winnebago and have not received a response. Any ideas?
Billt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:17 AM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Billt-

1) I believe you can add Sirius to your existing radio with an external module. This could be less work and expense.
2) The wiring diagrams for your coach (link here) includes a "Front End Wiring Installation" diagram set (link here). Sheets 7 and 8 of that set show the radio installation wiring (two versions).
3) Based on the diagrams, I'd say the connectors are AMP/Tyco/TE Connectivity Universal Mate-N-Lok 1 or Universal Mate-N-Lok 2 style. You can buy the components at Allied Electronics (link here).
4) A picture of the existing connector would help.

You should add a signature to your profile. Most people include the make and model of their coach in the signature; some add other information useful for others to know. The signature is added to each post, so you don't have to type that information. You set up a signature by clicking on the "User CP" option (upper left on orange banner on each page) and select "Edit Signature."
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Winnebago used a 12 pin connector with 11 wires on my Vista, 8 pins are speaker wires, 9th is ground, 10th and 11th pins are switched battery and constant battery. There is a short cable from this connector to the back of the Pioneer.

There is a second connector that has a wire to the parking brake switch that prevents a DVD from being played unless the parking brake is set, that is connected to a wire coming from the Pioneer. You may want to leave that off your replacement radio.

Best Buy is not going to be able to provide you with a pigtail with your new radio's connector on one end Winnebago's connector on the other. They are going to have to make one by repurposing the short cable that went to the Pioneer cutting off the Pioneer connector and splicing those wires to the new radio's pigtail from it's connector. The best way for them to identify the wires is from the Pioneer's manual they are color coded.

Don't let them cut off the Winnebago connector and splice to there.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, wiring