Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Question for Admin/Moderators...

Just a few minutes ago, I saw a note upper right of the Winnie Owners page below 'Private messages' that said something like 'Unread Thanks' or similar.

So I clicked on it and it took me to a page that listed many 'Thanks' to me that I assumed were for answers I'd posted on various threads. I'd never seen that page before. Didn't know it existed and I've never received any notice like the one seen today or via email of them. One of them was only a week old but most were months old. After reading it, I thought, "hmm, I should answer that one, the others are too old".

And then I navigated away expecting to be able to come back and link to that somehow again. But when I did come back, I could NOT find that page!

Where is that page? Just cItlicking on the Back Arrow doesn't take me back there, and there's no drop down link to any 'Thanks page'. It disappeared when I navigated away and can't be found on the Winnie Owners site that I can find. The 'clickable' link disappeared.

Help!

Thanks!

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not an "official" here but Ican click the top right where it has my handle and such with "private messages" and get to the list. Maybe try that and it gests you to the list where you can open each but many will be the generic post while others may have bits of personal thoughts?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

That's it! Thanks. I had no idea I could do that...and it turns out they are 'Profile Comments'. Wut? Never even knew there was such a thing.

Now the challenge will be to remember I can access them by clicking my handle.

Old 11-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you click on 'User CP' at the left end of the toolbar that will take you to your 'User Control Panel' from which you can view/update your Profile, see Subscribed Threads and Thanks, etc.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I find it simply amazing how many things I have totally walked by without seeing!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
If you click on 'User CP' at the left end of the toolbar that will take you to your 'User Control Panel' from which you can view/update your Profile, see Subscribed Threads and Thanks, etc.
Nowhere do I see a Thanks link. I do now notice a 'Latest Thanks Received' page after clicking User Control Panel. That's the page I was having trouble finding. Got it now. But it's not related and doesn't show the messages I was looking for.

Old 11-25-2021, 03:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Here's a snippet of my 'User CP':
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UserCP.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	181356  

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Aww, I see where I caused confusion. It wasn't 'Thanks' it was 'Profile Comments' that I couldn't find. That's what the first link I found went to and then I got all confused when I couldn't find it again and vaguely remembered it as a Thanks, so posted about that.

My mistake, sorry.

Anyway, the Profile Comments I've only found by clicking on my handle in User CP. There are 3 posted there in my CP and the last one was 09-05-2021. The other 2 are from 2020. I never received any em's about them.

I had no idea they were there, only today saw that blurb that I had a Profile Comment (which I later thought was a Thanks).

So I've found them, and will try to remember where they are in future.

Old 11-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #9
Site Team

There are a great many unused features that folks generally over look.

If you look at the posts of new members many times you will see that they have one or two posts and one blog entry. That’s because they are new to forums and don’t understand how they work. They think this is a blog so the make their first post a blog entry… asking about some problem or question they have about their RV. But no one sees this so they get no answer. After a while they figure out how to ask a question on the forum. But again they don’t understand how threads work so they put their post in someone’s other thread.

That’s where us Mods come in trying to move posts and even blog entries to the right places.

Profile Comments is one of those places that new members go in search of how to ask questions and make comments.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

I'm curious, creativepart, how is it that the notification that I had a Profile Comment didn't show up for almost 4 months? I'm used to checking the area under my handle for notifications and today was the first time I've ever seen a notification for any of the 3 Profile Comments I've received. Is this something I was supposed to have turned on? Or is it 'auto' and if so, what went wrong?

Old 11-26-2021, 06:58 AM   #11
Site Team

I don’t know. I don’t pay any attention to little used features. I don’t even know if I’ve received any Profile Comments. To me it’s irrelevant.