Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Howdy, all.

My wife and I were at an RV show over the weekend and saw the new Itasca Suncruiser 38T - we really liked the layout, but we're not really in the market right now. I thought I'd drop in here and ask how owners like Itasca in general, and if anyone has actually bought the above model? If so, what are your thoughts about it?
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Howdy, all.

My wife and I were at an RV show over the weekend and saw the new Itasca Suncruiser 38T - we really liked the layout, but we're not really in the market right now. I thought I'd drop in here and ask how owners like Itasca in general, and if anyone has actually bought the above model? If so, what are your thoughts about it?
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
I haven't bought one, but Itasca is an upscale Winnebago - more interior appointments, graphics, etc. I looked at a 38T this past weekend at the Cleveland RV Show. It's a beautiful motorhome. The only thing that I don't like is that the front seats - drivers and passengers are so far from the living area that anyone up there couldn't participate in the socializing. That effectively removes two very comfortable seats.

One other person asked about viewing the TV. They said that it isn't easy from all of the seats. I didn't check that out, but you might want to recheck that.

If you like the 38 foot motorhome, check out the 38J.

Good luck.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 01-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We have an Itasca Sunrise. Though it's not a Suncruiser we like Itasca and have friends that have owned a couple Suncruisers that they like very much. I think the dealer has as much to do with if you will like a particular brand as the manufacturer does. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Itasca and in fact have contemplated trading for a Suncruiser. But now Itasca is putting many features of the Suncruiser on the Sunrise line ( like basement air ). I'd say if the price is right - go for it.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We have an Itasca and love it. We have only had it since October so I guess we are still in our honeymoon stage. We only experienced a sqeeky window, a slow moving leveler, and burned bulb. We have run it about 2,500 miles and we are having a ball meeting other WIT owners. My wife used to be called "a California Babe" but is now known as the "50 Amp Chic." We had a Ford V10 but the Workhorse with the Alison is just awesome. Hands down a better chasis. My dealer said he sells "floor plans" and "colors." If it is the right floor plan and color; buy it. Enjoy.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2000 Horizon we bought new and have had great service and a lot of fun. We are in the Georgia WIT club and know a lot of folks with Suncruiser's and Sunrise that are very happy with the quality and preformance of their rig. Dealer service is the real key to a happy camper a lot of times. Itasca is a great product. Safe Travels! Jim Bob
Old 01-11-2006, 07:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We pickup our new Suncruiser on Friday, a trade up from our Sightseer. The think that sold us on Itasca was the features and equipment that is "standard" on the Itasca models but "options" on the Winnebago models.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have a 98 Itasca 35 on a Ford F53 with the V10, We have about 40K miles with trips to the Dakotas, the Southwest, The West Coast, Alaska and up and down the East Coast from Maine to Florida a number to times. We have a few dings etc. as expected when traveling with a number of GKs up to 10 at a time. We have had one mechanical problem (the gagues and warning lights on the dash are screwed up. I think it is a ground problem. No help from Winnebago or Ford.)Other than that, We love our MH. We have thought of trading to a newer one but the only reason we would trade is for the warrenties. We purchased from a local dealer who worked with us. He did not try to sell us something we did not want or could not afford. I would have liked a DP but he said if we were not going to do 50K miles a year it was not worth it. I would have liked a little more power when on the West coast in the mountains but we always made it to the top. We tow a Jeep GC.

Keep it between the white lines and be safe.

Mac
CSM Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Have owned a 2002,bought in 03 Itasca Horizon for 3 years now. The problems Ive had, has nothing to do with Winnebago, but the companies that supply Winnebago. Frig, jacks,heat pump,ac,slides,steps,and other annoying little things. With all the problems, we still like the coach, and have put 39000 mi on it.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote