Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 AM   #21
I helped | retired moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And as Dirk (Route 66) can attest to, the automatic front (over the door) awnings tend to jump off your coach when you least expect it......... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is an interesting feature, but it only works 1 time.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:32 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Yeah man Don, that is a GREAT looking coach. It looks real familiar to me... :-) Good to hear you've gotten out of the snow and on the road! Hope you have a good time and no troubles.
Alan
Old 04-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

No wind sensors on manual awnings. What would the sensors do -- poke you in the back to remind you to pull them in???

Anyhow -- gotta mantain the vigil to make sure they don't blow off the coach.

Had manual awnings for 6+ years now. Common sense tells you when to retract them.

Alan -- thanx for the compliments!!!!

Dirk -- you have to talk to Newmar regarding making that feature permanent!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

We have the automatic system also, common sense tells me NOT to leave the motorhome with the awning extended. It takes me about 20 seconds to retract the awning. It is so easy to take the awning in and out with the electric system, why rely on auto system.

I am glad that I do have the auto sensor system. I have seen it work on our rig when we were inside, but as I said, I don't rely on it saving my awning from a rogue wind.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Currently in the mountains of Western NC. Windy as all getout, with some snow spitting. Boy am I glad our awnings are retracted!

Will be down to about 30F tonight.

What happened to Spring??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pusherman:
Currently in the mountains of Western NC. Windy as all getout, with some snow spitting. Boy am I glad our awnings are retracted!

Will be down to about 30F tonight.

What happened to Spring?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pusherman, we are in Almond, NC near Nantahala. Where are you. Supposed to be 29 here.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
George,there are three of us iRV2'ers here until Tuesday around mid-morning and I'm hoping you're here before we leave? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
George,there are three of us iRV2'ers here until Tuesday around mid-morning and I'm hoping you're here before we leave? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like we missed everybody.

We were just there taking the drivers confidence course on Friday the 13th. We sat in the back and tried to just observe but somehow ended up getting picked as the volunteer couple.

Road test was in the 36G Journey. Wife wants to know what it would take to get the F53 to drive and ride like that. Liked the roomier toilet area in the 34H like Pusherman's better than the more cramped on in the 36G. A Journey with something like the 35U floorplan, a 36U with the extra foot in the bedroom to allow for a washer/dryer would be her ideal motor home.

Now I am looking foward to the relief of having a second driver on our next trip.

The wife now understands what I go through getting into her favorite County Park for a day at the beach. Narrow rotaries with palm trees planted at angles criss crossing the roadways and large boulders keeping you from driving outside the lines of the corners and driving over the sand. You end up on a small island with water all around you, white sandy beaches and a Gulf or Mexico sunset after dinner. Too bad they don't alow overnight stays there.

We stayed the whole day at LazyDays, looked at some of the new coaches (decided that we still like our 35U better), had dinner at the Cracker Barrel, took a nap, dumped/filled up at the Flying_J and drove off into the sunset.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Neil,

Sorry we missed you. We left Lazy Days Wednesday morning.

Jim -- we're at the Blue Ridge Mountains Outdoor Resort, which is between Brevard and Cashiers on Rt 64, about 30 miles west of Hendersonville (south of Asheville). Extreeeeemely windy the past 24 hours. At one time this morning, the roads were blocked in both directions due to downed trees.

Leave tomorrow for Cary, NC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]