Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilpj View Post
Protect All Rubber Seal Treatment & CRC Power Lube Treatment
Thanks much!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
I'm interested in their lubrication recommendations. Which parts to lubricate and type of lubricant?
When we had the gears, I was told by the factory to wash the gear with a brush, and soapy water. He didn't mention any lube.
But if I were to lube, it would be the dry one, like for electronics. Any type of oil would cause dust & dirt to collect on the gears.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:09 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Lippert knows about dust and dirt with lubricants they are ok with CRC on gears, rollers and beams. I will advise if I see a problem.
desilpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

no issues with ours
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:45 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Thx for info. Unfortunately yesterday gear broke for third time. Looking for a solution. Don’t know who I should have work on the problem.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:09 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

I hope you're at least info'ing Winnebago CS about this problem. After three failures, I'd be contacting Winnebago and Lippert for help. Maybe a trip to Forest City? Lippert should be the subject matter experts on the slide system. I hope they are telling you this failure is covered under warranty from the last repair you just had. Something like this sucks all the joy out of RVing and isn't doing Winnebago or Lippert's reputation any good.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:22 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Floridakamper is spot on with his advice on trying to get to Forrest Cit. If there is some way you can get there the week before the GNR in Forrest City it could be beneficial.

I've had failures with all three of my LCI slides, but the week before GNR last year I was by chance able to get to Forrest City for a repair. The advantage of that time frame for a visit is that Lippert techs are sometimes around the plant in prep for GNR and they can directly put their hands on repairs for WBGO.

They are fast and the LCI folks come to Forrest City ready to make fixes. My rig was in the factory at 6:30 AM and out at noon for about 7 different repair items (which I believe is their limit.) I went without an appointment and got right in- not sure that would always work

When my pinion gears stripped on the large slide ram, the Lippert CS rep I was working with at the time advised me they had a batch of bad metal in the gears (that was back in early 2016 or late 2015) and had experienced failures. Not sure if this is the same problem as yours, but the Forrest City run may be worth it.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Lippert is covering the repair. I can take to any shop. That is good, I don’t
have to go to Myrtle Beach.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

I may have to go to Forest City, if I am not comfortable with local
WB dealer.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:36 AM   #30
Winnebago Watcher

I have had the spur gear break teeth four times on the same slide arm. The assembly has a Power Gear label Part no 1010000288, s/n 970449326? (the last digit is illegible). The spur and rack gears do not mesh fully so only the outer ends of the teeth make contact, but there is no adjustment for that connection.

Any ideas on how to fix without replacing the inner and outer rails?

Assembly drawing
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...1010000290.pdf

Marrionberry
2008 Winnebago Destination
Marionberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #31
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the assembly drawing. Its a great resource

I'm trying to understand and can not visualize how the teeth are not meshing fully across the face of the rack and the spur gear. Is your other side the same way? Are the teeth of the spur gear hollowed or moon shaped across the face? I'me trying to visualize the failure.

I was under the impression, but may be wrong that the spur gear slid off it axle (part 2,19) and could be replaced without impacting the entire arm.

Please challenge me if I am wrong about that, but I think I recall they did not replace the arm or the rack when my spur gear teeth broke? I think they pulled the spur gear shaft (part 2, 19)and simply added the new spur gear. Unless the rack is damaged no need for a full change out.

Let us know how you are doing with this
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, power gear