Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2021, 04:30 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I love reading about your troubleshooting the problem. My only problem was a bad grommet the oil tank and the level went below the grommet and the level switch wouldn't work correctly.
Old 12-27-2021, 01:52 PM   #22
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

I want to give what I hope is a final update on my leveling system repair. Turns out it is working fine. The reason the right rear jack wouldn't lift the coach was that it had extended to its lower limit. I drove the coach onto a relatively level surface and it worked fine. I manually leveled it and reset the zero point and it seems to be working fine.

I've learned a lot about the system and about the Lippert help desk. I appreciate the advice I received on this thread and especially appreciate Jim_HiTek's comments.
DNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:53 PM   #23
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

Leveling System Fixed

I've been without my levelers for over a year now. Finally got them fixed. I checked the voltage going to the pump, bought a new controller on the advice of lipperts technical experts, replaced the dump valve twice ( that was my fault I should have known better ) and finally purchased a new power unit ( motor pump and tank ). I had it analyzed by local RV dealer who told me that I needed a new pump. I took the pump to hydraulic shop and they bench tested it and it was putting out 1500 PSI which seemed like a lot. But I contacted lippert who told me that it needed to be putting out 2,250 PSI. And I calculated that it needed to be at least 1800 PSI. I could have bought a new power unit from lippert for a little less than $2,800. I ended up purchasing a new surplus unit from Northwest RV supply for less than $1,300 including shipping. I installed the new unit yesterday, and now it's working fine. Just wanted to let everyone know that's following this thread about my experience.
DNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, power, power gear