Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

POed at Winnebago & Dealer

Much POed. 35F. Winnebago's sales brochure & dealer said all lights LED. Nope. Doesn't look like any of them are LED. Every one I've pulled so far is a 921 incandescent.
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Dealers know far less about your coach that you do. So, I'm sure if I asked my dealer he'd tell me mine were all LED, too. They are not. I still have the brochure and there is a mention of LED Awning lights. But that's all. I figured by 2017 they had to have used nothing but LEDs on the interior. Nope.

I went back and looked at your past threads and in most you mention you have a Vista LX 35F but in none do you mention what year. It sure would be handy to know when you post questions. I see other's have asked you this before hand, but I haven't seen you answer. If you add that info to your Signature then we'd all know, on every post, what you're talking about specifically. It would help us help you.

To complete your Signature here:
Click on "UserCP on the upper menubar left side
Click on Edit Signature
Enter your year. model details, etc
Old 03-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Testing signature.

And still POed about the bulbs - moreso now after getting one of the over-dinette bulbs out and finding I now have to buy a tool to get it back in. Evev DW's small hand is too big to fit in the globe.
Makes it even worse, supper with close friend tonite, they just bought a 26' TT (in no way is it a deluxe model) and it's all LED. Even the markers, they're tiny button size LEDs.
C'mon Winnebago, get with it!
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I'm pretty sure my interior 2019 Micro Minnie are LED, but the exterior marker lights are not. I plan on changing them out next year since I run with marker lights on all the time to power my rear camera.

For the interior I may still change out some of the interior no matter what they are because they are a single brightness. That's disappointing.

Nothing to get POed about though, IMHO.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I would email Winnebago. I think someone switched them out for whatever stupid reason.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The brochure for the 2019 says "With a long list of
standard and available featuresincluding MCD roller
shades, LED lighting, Primera®-covered furnishings,
powered patio awning with LED light strip, and a new
powered front shade — your Vista
is ready to take you practically
anywhere in comfort and style.".

They do not state that LED lighting is a standard feature but rather its one of the items on the simplified list of examples showing the range of standard and available features.

You do have to slow down and read what it says which many times is not what we initially thought it said. When I first scanned it I thought yes it says that they are, then hold on, wait a minute, on the list of standard and available features so some of those items will be by request.

Some folks really hate LED lights so its nice that Winnebago gives owners the choice to choose to stay with incandescent or go with the optional LED's.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #7
Site Team

Neil, that sounds right, but I really doubt they offer LED lights as an optional package for factory orders. I’d guess there are some LEDs and that’s all they mean. I’m not saying that’s OK or right, but what else could it be?

I haven’t tried too hard to replace things with LEDs, just the sconce lights in the living room and behind the bed. The bathroom is already all LEDs but all the puck lights are incandescent I’m sure, because they get hot. I’ve attempted to unscrew them a couple times some seem easy enough others impossible.

Mostly, we don’t routinely use the puck lights... too bright.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #8
Itasca Sunstar Owner

I have a 2015 Itasca Sunstar 35F and all lights except the scone light near dining table are LED. Must have been an upgrade that came with the option package for the motorhome.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:31 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

......OK, so it didn’t come with the “optional LED” lights. Getting bent over it raises your BP and cortisol levels. Sours the milk in the fridge. Take a couple deep, slow breaths.... chant a mantra; an hour of meditation; or say a rosary (10 Hail Marys and Our Fathers works for a Crow...but we are hard cases). Then just replace the dang things and get on with your life.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, winnebago