Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Please help - wall seperation on 05 Itasca Sunova 34a

Last august we purchased a new to us sunova 34a, and the kitchen slide did not seal along with a laundry list of other stuff. The dealer in their infinite wisdom bent the sheet metal behind the seal to get it to seal better (vertical front side of the slide). So first trip of the season we take out the slide, and we heard a pop, was not to sure what to think, until the next morning when i saw daylight between the wall and floor.

Put a call into the dealer on Monday, no return call. How serious of an issue is this. I am pretty handy, but this is my first RV. Please help, and any input is greatly appreciated.
always late. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Here is a picture of the seperation.

Mark

Edit: sorry for the kids dirty sock...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160423_083046.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	125469  
Old 04-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

And the picture of their "fix"

Also, when we brought the slide back in, the wall came back to the floor, and the gap was not there any more. Any other info you need please let me know. Thanks.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160423_083025.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	125470  
Old 04-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Not sure what the pictures are showing as they are not showing the same area ...one shows floor and one shows wall?? Whatever, if I understand correctly where the problem is, the wall came loose at the bottom. The walls are secured with the belt screws that are under the belt trim along each side of the coach. I can see mine when I open a basement compartment door, and can access most of them w/o removing the belt trim. I have found many of mine loose, and have re-installed them with Loctite. I check them periodically. Some owners have had the wall separate at the top due to over-tightened and/or broken screws. A proper fix requires someone who knows Winnnebago construction, and who knows what they are doing ...ie. a Winnebago factory trained/certified tech. Other brands are constructed differently ...at the very least you need have it examined by a competent Winnebago dealership.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Bending the sheet metal to achieve a better seal does not sound like the ultimate/appropriate fix to me. Sounds more like a slide adjustment and or seal issue.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
Not sure what the pictures are showing as they are not showing the same area ...one shows floor and one shows wall?? Whatever, if I understand correctly where the problem is, the wall came loose at the bottom. The walls are secured with the belt screws that are under the belt trim along each side of the coach. I can see mine when I open a basement compartment door, and can access most of them w/o removing the belt trim. I have found many of mine loose, and have re-installed them with Loctite. I check them periodically. Some owners have had the wall separate at the top due to over-tightened and/or broken screws. A proper fix requires someone who knows Winnnebago construction, and who knows what they are doing ...ie. a Winnebago factory trained/certified tech. Other brands are constructed differently ...at the very least you need have it examined by a competent Winnebago dealership.
I was trying to show the seperation from the floor and the wall, and then I took a picture of the slide where they bent the seal out. Sorry i thought it would have helped. I will take that strip off and see what it looks like. It is raining today, I will try Saturday.

The sad part is the dealer i bought it off of is a certified winnebago dealer. I think the issue I am having is it was a consignment unit, and felt they were not making enough on the deal. Very poor service after I signed the paperwork.

Do you know any recommended dealers in southeast PA, near 19547?
Old 04-28-2016, 12:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD View Post
Bending the sheet metal to achieve a better seal does not sound like the ultimate/appropriate fix to me. Sounds more like a slide adjustment and or seal issue.
Yeah not sure what they were thinking, just laziness I guess.

Tags
itasca