Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Please Help me...I'm trying to decide between a VIsta 27PE and a Minnie Winnie 26A

Please Help me...I'm trying to decide between a VIsta 27PE and a Minnie Winnie 26A

Can anyone give me advice on why to choose one or the other? Pros and Cons. My head is hurting thinking about it. Anyone have any real life data on how the fuel mileage compare. Is there a lot of difference in handling?...there is only 19 inches difference length. Comfort of rides....driving in city...driving on the highway

Prices, as configured, are within a few thousand of each other.

Thank You,
PatrickA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We just went from a 2016 Navion 24G to a 2017 Vista 27N it had everything to do with fresh / gray / black water capacities, storage, number of seatbelts for passengers but MOST OF ALL ease of dumping the waste tanks. Because of the low position of the dump valve of the Navion I found myself on my hands and knees in some horrifically nasty dump stations Not Good. Now with the addition of solar panels, larger inverter and batteries we can boondock for extended time. As for as the mileage, if ya going to play your got to pay.
MIDMONDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank You Very Much for the info. How do you like your Vista 27N?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Like the layout but Like most Winnebago products it was plaqed with problems, electrical, plumbing and structure. . If I had it to do over I would buy used chances are the problems would have been worked through.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the advice. You have made me rethink my approach towards purchasing...which is a good thing. I have decided to purchase a low mileage diesel class A. From what I have seen I can get more bang for the buck, plus save some money and frustration... Do you have any thoughts on diesel vs gas for a used class A?
Old 03-03-2018, 07:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Gas vs Deisel you can open a can of worms there. But for me Gas works, our mileage is 8 / 9 pulling an enclosed 12 foot trailer. Iam satisified with the power of the V10 for our rig. Besides I dont know of a Class A under 30 foot with a front end deisel engine that would give us our basic MH requirements. We had a Navion class C with a deisel and got 14 to 15 mpg but with the fuel price spread, do the math for cost per mile, I am happier with the additional perks of a Class A.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

It boils down to layout, features and options. Our 27pe is an entry level coach so it missing some things like GPS, inverter, solar panel hook ups, fan over stove, backspash tiles, DVR player, side cameras, etc.
ExBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickA View Post
Thanks for the advice. You have made me rethink my approach towards purchasing...which is a good thing. I have decided to purchase a low mileage diesel class A. From what I have seen I can get more bang for the buck, plus save some money and frustration... Do you have any thoughts on diesel vs gas for a used class A?
PatrickA,
What was your final decision? It would be nice if you came back and updated with your experience.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We picked the new 27 PE because it had the layout we liked, sofa across from dinette with tv above dinette, king size bed, and a great price from a dealer trying to clear out their 2018 inventory. I figure I can add the other items if I want them. By doing a search on RVT for all 2018 27 PE's, for sale, I was able to find the dealers who were selling for MSRP and the dealers who were willing to move their inventory at deep discounts. After verifying the deals were real, they held one while I rented a car and drove 500 miles to check it out. It checked out and the drive back home was a breeze. Before posting this, I noticed a dealer in Syracuse, NY had one at a faily good discount.
As far as diesel vs gas, I have no experience. Others on this site do. New vs used I would recommend a pre purchase inspection with an independent shop familiar with the brand if the dealer would agree. God luck and let me know what you decide.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We just went through the same decision process on the same units. We decided on the Minnie Winnie 26A with the V10. It was a used 2018 with 20,000 mi on it. It came from a RV Rental, and looks like new. I figured (hoped) that they had all the bugs worked out. The price was right for us, and we were able to trade in our Truck and 5th wheel. That all happened just two days ago, so we have not had a chance to try it out yet. Don't know what to expect mpg, but 7 mpg was what we got with the old setup.
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

With the Ford v10 most people say 7-10 mpg. I have not measured mine but that sounds about right depending how you drive.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Finally got to take the new Minnie on it's first outing. Central Ca. To the central coast. Over the coastal mountains. Performed great with plenty of power. Got about 8.5 mpg.
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote