Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Let's kill some bugs!

Pioneer Radio-Rear Camera unit AVH-X1800S

I recently bought a 2018 Vista 32YE that has the Pioneer AVH-X1800S unit that is a radio, DVD player and rear camera monitor all in one. I bought the RV from a private party and they didn't ever use this unit, so they were no help. The Winnebago website mentions iPad/Android compatibility along with Bluetooth (see below). I went all through the Pioneer manual (poor manual IMO) and it says nothing about Bluetooth in this model. I don't see any Bluetooth mention or icons in the screens of the unit either. The manual implies it doesn't have Bluetooth, but the Winnebago site says it does. All I want to do is connect via Bluetooth to play my music and audio books while driving along, but no joy. I've download the RADIO APP LIVE app, but that was a dead end, offering things I don't need. I've also tried YouTube to discover the secret to connect by Bluetooth, but no joy. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have a feeling I'll have to replace this head unit, but thought I'd ask others to see if I'm missing something. Seems to me the Winnebago website is misleading, but I hope I'm wrong and just missing something that's well hidden.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winnebago radio spec.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	170489
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Pretty sure you need a "B" in the model name to have Bluetooth capability in the Pioneer line. i.e. AVH-X1800BS

But if all you want is playback without any hands-free features you have options.
You can input your signal using the AUX or USB input connections. Either by cable or using a Bluetooth adapter.

Picture Posting Guide
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, camera