Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Picking up New Motorhome

Read this forum everyday, now. We're on our way to Forest City, IA, to pick up a new '12 Adventurer 35P, our first Winnebago. Hope it serves us as well, and is as trouble-free, as the old Jayco Melbourne. Can't get too excited as I'm thinking about all the little glitches and problems that will need attention, and we'll be 625 miles from the dealer. Will likely be asking lots of questions.
Poindexture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Congrats and good luck!
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on your new MH. Hope your trip home is safe and free of glitches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Less painful than imagined; biggest trauma was the waiting. The PDI was extremely thorough, everything worked, and the tech was very patient. Also, moving in took much less time than moving out. Now, where did we put the ...
Old 11-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Poindexture, if it's not too late, plan on spending a couple of days camping in the rig nearby to find any additional glitches and get a good understanding how all the systems work. I know you will find more things that will need dealer attention.

Congrats on your new Winnie!

Bill
Old 11-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Nice unit... what color did you get? Mine's Radiant.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

LandHo, we got bronze and we really like the whole package. We drove 300+ miles yesterday towards home, and it rode much quieter and softer than anticipated--even though it doesn't have the air suspension. Will check mpg this morning but am guessing about 7 as we drove into a south wind all day yesterday. We did have to buy a drop extension for the receiver as the Adventurer is much higher than our previous MH. Then, had to buy several add-a-links because the Roadmaster safety cables were too short. So far, these were our only problems. We have been impressed with the quality of the build and the fit and finish. We thought our previous brand was well-built, but was at least one tier below the Winnebago. Hope the satisfaction continues for a long time. BTW, DW is absolutely thrilled with her MH, and if Momma's happy, everyone is happy!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on the newMH. Hope you don't have too many glitches and that your able to fix them yourself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Poindexture;

Congratulations on your new Adventure. I believe you made a wise choice in a gas coach. My last 3 coaches have been Winnebagos and I don't think I would buy any other brand.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexture View Post
...We did have to buy a drop extension for the receiver as the Adventurer is much higher than our previous MH. Then, had to buy several add-a-links because the Roadmaster safety cables were too short. So far, these were our only problems...
Me too. Had a 2" drop with the WH chassis. Just bought a 6" drop hitch with add-a links and elec cable extension for my roadmaster sterling tow bar.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Could use some help

We made it home just fine in the '12 Adventurer 35P, but with a STRONG headwind against us the entire 625 miles, mpg was only 6.2. Am guessing wind averaged 15 mph. Oh well, it could have been worse! Also weighed with full tanks of gas and water and with Honda CR V toad, and total weighed 25K lbs, on a 24K chassis, so am guessing I have about 3K lbs to play with in round numbers (25,000 - 4,000 (weight of toad) = 21, 000; 24,000 - 21,000 = 3,000).

Can't seem to figure out how to make the rear camera tilt, even though there are icons on the screen for "-" and "+".

Also, can't make the jacks work on "manual" but they do just fine on auto.

Lastly, at least for now, what is the fan/motor type sound when you turn the engine on and off?

Thanks so much, in advance.

I sure appreciate any help.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the group!
Moving a 12' MH' that weighs 12 tons + and towing a car be glad you are getting 6.5 mpg. I never worry much about my mpg...I just go!

My rear camera is a fix mount. Forget the +/-. To adjust the view I got my ladder out, climbed to the back of the RV, an adjusted the camera till I was happy with my view.

Jacks can be moved manually with the arrow buttons on the HWH pad. You should have received a complete manual from your dealer put together by Winny that should have complete instructions on every thing. Look for this...it is very helpful. So we do manual jack movement all the time, just a personal thing for us. If yours fail to move then its a problem that should be fixed.

Your fan noise is cause there are electrical fans working on the radiator (for cooling the engine)...should be two fans. They continue to run a few seconds when you shut down the engine. This is normal. If they fail to stop running....then you have a problem that should be fixed.

So congratulations on your new MH. Look here for questions and advise...lots of helpful folks.

Happy trails....
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Poindexture: did you buy the optional 24K chassis? There is a weight label plate at the side of your driver door. It contains cargo carrying capacity info.
My unit is 22K gvwr and 26K gcwr. Your total weight seems too high.

The tilt feature is not avail on the camera...Heard there were too many issues...
You are suppose to be able to use manual controls on the Power Gear leveling system... look in owners manual supplement, volume 2 of 2. For whatever reasons, HWH is not being installed on many MH today...
As for the noise... are you referring to grinding motor noise when you leave the key in the on position without the engine running? I am not sure, but wonder if that is somehow related to your chassis power brake system. I will ask this week to find out. But on my prev WH chassis, with engine off, if I step on my brakes, I hear the same grrrr noise.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Did see the weight sticker on the driver's door; taking everything in at the PDI was like drinking from a fire hose, but I remember now him telling us where it was. I continue to be impressed with the fit and finish, and overall quality compared to our last MH. Had hoped to try out everything in the next few days, but I will be taking care of a very sick older brother.

By the way, thanks for all the info and I look forward to more!

Tags
motorhome