Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-03-2020, 02:17 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Vista

Congratulations. We have a 2018 VISTA 27PE and have been very happy with it. No major issues, only minor fit and finish issues. We ddid not upgrade the suspension and steering as many folks do, never had any handling issues. First thing I would do is hire an independent rv inspector to check everything before making payment or leaving dealership.Do not trust the dealer. All RVs have issues but I thing Winnibago does not have that many with newer Vistas. Read the manuals cover to cover and pay attention to leveling and operating the slides. Practice backing up and turns and make sure of heights of bridges and gas station canopies. Good luck and enjoy.
ExBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:54 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

That brings up an interesting question. To I put slides.out then level it. Or level it then put slides out?
dragnframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:06 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Slides out last, level first
Old 02-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #24
Site Team

Check your Operators Manual for details like this. You'll see it says to LEVEL FIRST, then put out your slides. Parking brake set. Engine running for both leveling and putting out the slides.

Make sure you hold down the slide extend/retract button all the way through the operations. Do not stop. And once the slide stops moving hold the button for another 15 to 30 seconds.

After I let go of the button, I push it again and hold it until I hear the motors stop and click. I will repeat that process until pushing the button no longer makes any noise from the motors. The goal is to hear both front and rear motors click in unison. This syncs to the two motors. I do it on every extend and retract operation.

Here's a video from WBGO illustrating the process. I find it's not necessary to do the rapid in/out to resync the motors. If I'm putting the slide out I hold the button down until it stops moving and then I hold it. After that's done, just push the button again in the same direction. You'll hear the motors move just a tiny bit and click. Similar to what he shows in the video. Sometimes I repeat this 2 or even 3 times until the motor make no noise at all when pushing the slide out button.