Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Passenger side dash removal

I would like to be able to remove the dash on the passenger side to add some wiring and to find and silence a maddening squeak/rattle/noise. Has anyone done this? Thanks
Old 07-18-2021, 07:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Squeaks and creaks

The sqeaks and creaks were my bane. In my class a I started by removing center console and workerd my way around the dash. I installed window rubber gasket peel and stick anywhere there was a rub point and put it all back together. I will say you need to organize the screws as there are some assorted sizes and lengths. Also take pictures. After I was done noticed a couple of sqeaks around the drop down bed over the cab. Found a couple of bolts loose and a couple of rub areas, used the rubber gasket material and eliminated the noise. Next trip while driving noticed sqeaks from mid coach. One window screen was loose and needed the screw adjustment tightened. Removed stove top and placed rubber gasket under metal frame and countertop, placed a couple of pieces of gasket on coach door where the screen door rests against it. Also put one under screen handle. Now 80% better. Still get an occasional sqeak, but no where near what I had. Also bought a roll of shelf liner non slip grip material and put it between pots and pans a dish ware eliminates any noise. Just cut to size.
Angela
Old 07-19-2021, 05:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Twpinaz, I appreciate the advice on the tape and screws. However, I need to know to get the passenger-side dash itself opened up to see where those screws are located so I can tighten/add/replace them, and tape down any other moving parts.

I do have a drawing of the parts explosion for the whole driver/passenger cabin area, and I know how to get under the driver's side dash by simply raising it upward exposing the instruments, fuses, radio, other controls, etc., and electrical wiring. But the passenger side drawings are unclear, if not secretive about its removal. There appears to be a hinge in the drawings, but I'll be darned if I can see or find how to get to it. That's what I'm looking for - a way to get under and expose that side of the dash. Thanks.

Tags
dash, removal