Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Paint Issues '13 Tour

Anyone unhappy with the paint job on their 2013 Winnebago Tour? We have complained several times and are getting no where fast.

Any suggestions?
Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Details?

We have a 2013 Itasca Meridian, which is essentially the same as the Tour. We haven't had any paint issues (that I'm aware of). We have a covered facility we park it in when it's not in use here in Atlanta.

What issues are you having? And who have you been talking to about your issues?

Cliff
cliffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I had significant swirl marks on my coach. When I was at forest city in September , the coach was buffed out, significant improvement.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2013 winnebago vista with paint actually flaking off around most if the storage compartments. I know that mine is not even comparable to your tour but I thought id chime in. After a long process between my dealer and forest city we are going to get it all repaired and repainted in janurary. It seems that when it was painted the initial base coat or primer did not set properly. Good luck. If you have not showed the dealer you should soon before warranty expires.
shortboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My 2013 Tour also has paint issues, as well. Paint peeling, swirl marks, debris under paint and other issues. This is not the primier automotive finish in the brochures. T
Old 11-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I don't have peeling. I had the bad swirls and I polished them out and waxed my Ellipse. Looks pretty good. The clear seams soft and scratches easy. I will try to wax again in January.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
My 2013 Tour also has paint issues, as well. Paint peeling, swirl marks, debris under paint and other issues. This is not the primier automotive finish in the brochures. T
IMO the problem is CDI, the third party vendor that Winnebago uses and Winnebago's acceptance of crap exterior finishing without insisting on a quality paint job. I have seen the CDI operation and I thought it was dirty, disorganized, sloppy and focused on quick versus right, with a staff that was very unimpressive. I challenge each of you to compare the "automotive finish" promised by WB to that of a new car automotive finish. We love our coach, but the paint job looks to me like what a high school shop class could do. Winnebago should have enough grasp of business to know that the exterior is the "eye sizzle" that is their best advertisement. WB says they do a lot of things in-house like cabinets for quality. Hello.........what about the exterior finish that everyone sees? I have looked at Tiiffin and others and they look hugely better than I received.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I had some issues with the paint in the first 6 months coming off the leading edge of the wind deflector and the factory took care of it without a problem!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Here's one solution I've seen work in the past years.....

Get your paint problems communicated to the factory.

Plan your cross-country vacation to pass thru Forest City, Iowa and have CDI paint it correctly. They will do this even after the 1st year warranty. When I was at the 2007 Grand National Rally, the 2004 coach next to me was repainted on the peeling roof curve. He wa a happy camper.

Good luck,
Bill
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

We had some issues with the paint on our 2013 Adventurer. We took pictures and sent them to the dealer. The dealer sent them on to the factory rep, and he suggested we take it to the factory for repairs. We had a couple other issues that needed attention so we made an appointment at the factory service center. The paint and other problems were addressed without any hassle or time consuming negotiations.

I would definitely take it to the factory rather than a dealer for paint issues.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Smile 2013 Tour Paint Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tour View Post
Anyone unhappy with the paint job on their 2013 Winnebago Tour? We have complained several times and are getting no where fast.

Any suggestions?
Well, I'm back to report that we FINALLY are happy with the resolution of our exterior paint issues on our 2013 Tour. After several visits to FC and several frustrating experiences with CDI, we found someone there that understood exactly what our issues were. I want to commend the supervisor at CDI named Ron. He took time to listen to us, let us show him exactly what the issues were and understood our frustration and what we wanted done to correct the problems. Today, the issues are corrected (rough paint buffed out, swirl marks buffed out and several other things taken care of). If you are unhappy with our paint, be sure to request to talk to Ron in person to explain your issues. In my opinion, CDI better give this guy a hefty raise. He is the ONLY one there that seems to know much about painting motorhomes!!!!!
Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I also have had some issues with paint flaking off around the storage compartments on my 2014 Vista 31KE. Its presently at the dealers for review. I'll let you know how it goes.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Ya, I'm a happy camper too!!!
I'm at the GNR and on Wednesday, CDI repainted the roof radius and top of front cap. No charge goodwill gesture. This is on a 10 1/2 yr old coach, for the original owner.

I also had an area repainted where the broken awning beat the paint badly (all 3 colors too) during a nasty wind storm. They repainted a 4 ft rub mark caused by a tree branch that jumped out and caught me by surprise.
I had 3 storage door panels repainted due to little mishaps. 4-5 more door panels were touched up for rock dings and new clear coat. The charges were $848. Looks like a new coach again!!!

I got a new fresh set of touch up bottles of all colors and clear.

My buddy from another forum got his '05 Horizon roof radus, top of front & rear cap repainted for something like $220 (cost o the paint?). Very happy camper too.

Got this pix of mine getting prep'd. I think it's Ron in this shot.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to waylntat2
Have a Journey 2013 40U,, The paint was awful with over spray,, and buffed thru the paint in places.. the dealer waited too long to address the Issues Winnebago refused to do any thing and Camping world , attempted to fix .. its better But still not what a 250.000 dollar coach should be but we, we have to live with it.. IMO- they.. have no Quality control in House about paint ..
Old 09-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Our 2014 31Ke just got back from the paint shop it looks awesome! All 11 outside bay doors were chipped at the corners & looked crappy! Very pleased now, Thanks LaMesa, Tucson
dbaer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I have posted my dissatisfaction on this forum with the paint job on my 2013 Tour. You can read my paint issues below and else where. Paint dimples, graphic lines that don't align and have ridges, clear coat/paint peeling/cracking/falling off and many other exterior finish issues. Dave Nagle at CDI, the WB paint vendor has worked with me on a Sept 22nd appointment to have things corrected. Dave has assured me I will be very satisfied. The exterior finish was crap from the beginning and we brought our coach to the factory in April 2013. We hope this time the advertised premier automotive goal finish is achieved. Dave's assurance of satisfaction is comforting, but I will let all of you know.

The caulking around many areas of the coach quickly turned chalky white and cracked within the 1 year warranty. WB says I must pay for this to be removed and replaced. Have any of you experienced this problem? Should this not be covered under the 1 year warranty? I will say that WB has always been terrific and fair to work with and we love our coach and WB.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

I am having some issues with the paint on our 2015. There are a number of places that have rub marks in the paint that has been covered with clear coat. We are taking it back to the dealer.

As a backup do you have contact information for Dave Nagle?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I am having some issues with the paint on our 2015. There are a number of places that have rub marks in the paint that has been covered with clear coat. We are taking it back to the dealer.

As a backup do you have contact information for Dave Nagle?

Thanks
CDI LLC.

305 Nerem Ct.
Forest City, IA 50436

[email protected]
(641) 585-5900
Old 09-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

The paint has been fine on our 2012 Tour. No problems at all. The coach did have PolySteel applied to it from new by the dealer. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
CDI LLC.

305 Nerem Ct.
Forest City, IA 50436

[email protected]
(641) 585-5900[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG](641) 585-5900
Thanks Bill - appreciate the information.
Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Tags
paint