Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

outside air temperature

i just received my first winnebago, a 2019 forza 34t a week ago. i've been reading all the literature on the operation and features of this coach, but have not found anything about displaying the outside air temp.

i have the optiview display where one of the customizations is to select which guages you wish to monitor while running. i thought maybe the outside temp guage would be there, but i can't find it.

any suggestions, or am i out of luck?
hansel49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don’t have your model RV but I found the outside temperature readout when I toggled through the odometer settings on the dash.
Lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
Site Team

Lakejumper's suggestion is correct for the Gas Class A, but not necessarily for your Diesel Pusher.

However, a new Forza should be equipped with the Xite GPS/Radio system. You'll find the outside temp on the upper right hand side of that display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	116
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	171868  
Old 07-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

i have a jenson radio. no gps installed. i just spent some time with the manual and the radio that i have, and could not locate a temperature display. good idea checking the radio, too bad i have the wrong radio.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel49 View Post
i have a jenson radio. no gps installed.
Wow, that's a surprise. The Forza is really different from other WBGO DPs. I think in earlier years they came with the Xite system.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

i was really hoping to find the outside temp somewhere in the dash display. i know that 2019 was the first year of the optiview display, and it was developed by freightliner and not winnebago.

i think the installed radio remains a user defined option. i got the radio without the gps installed made by jensen.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

ScanGauge

I installed a ScanGauge in my V-10 Adventurer. Inlet Air Temp was one of the many parameters it would display. It normally agreed with the OAT on the SkyScan Atomic Clock, so I considered it accurate for OAT. I'm not sure about the Inlet Air Temp on our diesels or where it reads from, so that may not be useful. Just install a SkyScan clock with OAT feature. Cheaper, easier and provides useful features.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #8
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

skyking, and others, I did the same. The ScanGauge is a great tool for not only check engine lights but I also use if to help optimize my gas mileage by displaying the average MPG, which keeps me from driving too fast uphill for good gas mileage.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2017 Forza 34t, and assuming they haven't changed the main systems in the 2019's, there is no outside temp capabilities. I have added a weather station on the end of the sink island, and I used to put the outside temp module on one of the jack feet under the RV, but that is a hassle putting it there every time and remembering to pick it up before leaving a site. I now have it mounted behind the front hood, velcro strapped to a cable hanging down under there. It gives pretty accurate outside temps, other than when you are running the generator. It's nice because it gives us an atomic clock and inside temp/humidity too. This is the weather station we use: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Digital_Don is offline   Reply With Quote