Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

We bought our 29R last year and love every aspect of it.

Pensacola,Florida
schaller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:28 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

We have our first Class A on order, and it is a 29R Sightseer. We just loved the floor plan for the two of us. But we always have visitors too.
We started with a slide in for our pick up many years ago. Then a 21' TT, presently a 27'TT. We will hate to give up the TT, but we have had it 17 years, and felt time for a change. Believe me, we looked at everything, and we always came back to the Winnebago brand.
Good Luck with your shopping!
See ya on down the road!
Winnie SS '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:09 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

We have a 30 B Sightseer and have had it for two years now. We had a 27 ft class C Jayco before and like all the rest of the post would never go back to a Class C. In your post you said you had a small suv all ready. The first year the wife made me get use to driving the A first . But we got a new trailblazer and now dont leave home with out it. You can tow up to 5,000 pounds behind a Sightseer ours is 4,600 pounds and I bet yours is lighter than that . It is great to have the suv to go sightseeing in once you get to camp. We love our winnie and I am sure you will like yours.
ct78barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Well guess what's parked in our driveway. Yep! Brought the '08 Sightseer 29R home last weekend and she's a beaut alright. We encountered some gusty winds on the 130 mile ride home and although it's not immune to them it's handling is much more civil than the old class C ever was. It seems that I find some new feature to admire each time that I'm in it. It'll be another couple of months before we can keep it unwinterized but Walmart had RV antifreeze for $2.00 a gallon this week so I stocked up anticipating a few early season outings.

Thanks for all of your input. Now sit back and wait for a new set of questions as we start putting it through its trials.

Al Todalen
Spokane,WA

2008 Sightseer 29R 2006 CR-V no towbar yet
Old 03-19-2008, 04:02 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on your new rig. Having had a class C before the A I know you made a great decision.

Happy trails
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations!! Many happy camping trips to you! We found out last week that our 29R will be at the dealer's lot in about 2 weeks. I'm already "unpacking" the travel trailer!
Good Luck!
Anita
Winnie SS '08
Winnie SS '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:51 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations!! You will enjoy the storage and features in a Class A!!

Safe travels to you and your family!!
Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

just turned 10k with an 08 29 ft sightseer..i wasted $700 on tools so far..it is the best thing i ever owned...house, car motorcycle etc etc...i fulltime boondock and have been thru 20 states since leaving ny in november..
i am now in cottonwood az after taking it with 6x10 trailer over 89A from prescott to cottonwood thru jerome...and the brakes still work..dont know if it will fill your personal needs, but i love the thing...its only me and dog....
gary two is offline   Reply With Quote