Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 06:52 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

As a last suggestion to missing something obvious if I am wrong on reading the power issues as combined, perhaps check a specific fuse/breaker on the power panel?

There is one wire which is larger at 12 gauges and that implies that it feeds more than one circuit and it seems like the other circuits are working but still worth checking??

This drawing is from looking at the back side, so one has to mentally turn it around to find the correct breaker to check but it should be the top row, and second from the RIGHT side, so check that and also flip other off and on to be sure one is not tripped and just not showing well.

I don't really think it will be that but would not want to miss something simple!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ja.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	180366  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:19 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I had the same type of problem with my system (no leds on tank levels)

I found only one 12+ volt suppling the large plug. I cut the line that was missing the 2nd 12+ volt then teed into the good wire from plug side.

all missing tank levels now work but both battery supply levels read the same as they are reading the same bank.
this has not been a problem as most of the time I hook both chassis and house batts together the charge both when plugged in to ped power. I only separate when dry camping. its been 4 years I keep saying I will track it down when I get time. Retirement keeps me too busy.

TJ
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

There are certainly times when life is easier to sort out when we have the right tools and in this case a voltmeter would be a big help!

I am guessing you are speaking of the 15 pin plug as mentioned above?
Do you happen to know which pin was missing the 12Volt that caused the LED failures?
Old 08-02-2021, 10:59 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Do you have a diagram as to where the 12 volt line should connect?
imnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:53 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnightowl View Post
Do you have a diagram as to where the 12 volt line should connect?
I am not able to spot any place on the drawings that look like the loose cable you have found, so no help on that point.

Looking at the drawing of the 15 pin connector mentioned before, there is a larger 12 gauge wire on pin one which appears to be the main power going into the monitor. Larger size means they are expected to carry more current so looking for that can give a clue and when looking at the ID for wire JA it does say it is power from the breaker. But those are the "theory" but when we find most of the other stuff on the monitor panel is working, it becomes a conflict to say the other things are getting 12 volt power but not the LEDS!

We don't get good info on how the board/monitor are built and wired, so we have to guess but the idea would be that power comes in on pin one (JA) goes through the board to the various parts like water pump, etc. and one path is through the LED and then out to each tank sensor where it then finds ground.
The problem with sorting it out, just on theory, is that we seem to have power and ground to things on the board as they work but the LED not working while other parts are.
So the problem with theory is that the water pump switch working says the board is connected but the the LED says it is not!

Any chance that you found any wire ID on the side of that loose cable, so we might verify what it was intended to do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monitor power.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	180426