Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #1
Site Team

Noisy "Hood" on 2017 Adventurer

When washing the bugs off the front of my Adventurer I noticed the hood was loose. Not from failing latches those were really effectively glued on when they fell off during an oil change last year. But from the 6-screw on "stabilizers".

The top and bottom each has three - one in each corner and one in the center hood supports, stabilizers, do-dads whatever the official name is for these things. They are threaded rods with a mushroom cap on the end and you can screw them in and out so that they touch the hood when it's closed.

I looked them up and the part says they are "Hood Adj Bolts".

I noticed that the caps were a good inch away from the hood and during an oil change today I had the worker adjust all 6 of them to contact the hood when latched.

First, the hood is now snug and doesn't bounce around and second I noticed it was a lot quieter up front driving back to the storage place.

You might take a look at your Gas Class A hood and see if it's flopping around or if it's well supported. It's easy to fix.

Since I don't have the RV here at home to take a photo - I found the part on the 3-D parts list and I've added a screenshot below of the mechanisms behind the hood and in front of the engine with 2 of the 6 Hood Adj Bolts circled in Red.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 4.25.35 PM.png
Views:	52
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	175279  
Old 10-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
When washing the bugs off the front of my Adventurer I noticed the hood was loose. Not from failing latches those were really effectively glued on when they fell off during an oil change last year. But from the 6-screw on "stabilizers".

The top and bottom each has three - one in each corner and one in the center hood supports, stabilizers, do-dads whatever the official name is for these things. They are threaded rods with a mushroom cap on the end and you can screw them in and out so that they touch the hood when it's closed.

I looked them up and the part says they are "Hood Adj Bolts".

I noticed that the caps were a good inch away from the hood and during an oil change today I had the worker adjust all 6 of them to contact the hood when latched.

First, the hood is now snug and doesn't bounce around and second I noticed it was a lot quieter up front driving back to the storage place.

You might take a look at your Gas Class A hood and see if it's flopping around or if it's well supported. It's easy to fix.

Since I don't have the RV here at home to take a photo - I found the part on the 3-D parts list and I've added a screenshot below of the mechanisms behind the hood and in front of the engine with 2 of the 6 Hood Adj Bolts circled in Red.
Good catch, Thanks! I’ll check...

Tags
adventurer, vent