Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2022, 05:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No water

Hi. Scott here. I have a question. I have a 2005 Winnebago Journey 39k. I've owned it only since May. This morning I'm taking a shower. I'm almost done, and my water pressure drops by half. Now it's 14 degrees outside. So I'm thinking maybe a little piece of ice in the line. I turn off the water, get out of the shower and straight across the hall where the sink and toilet are. AND the electric heater. I thought I heard a dripping sound. So I turn off the heater. And the waters not dripping, it's running. I throw on some clothes, not enough, and go running around to the drivers side. Straight to the cabinet with the waste gates and city water hook up. I turn the hose off, and it's coming from above the top of that cabinet. It also soaked the one next to it, going towards the front. I walk around and it's dripping out of the ceiling of the adjacent cabinet on the passenger side. How do I get up in there to find the broken pipe or more likely a fitting. I've crawled around the cabinets. In the cabinets. And under the cabinets. There's got to be a way in there. And I have no water til I do get in there. Can someone point me in the right direction please. I really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks.
Highliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I have nothing of value to offer, other than a link to the plumbing diagrams for your MH. Hope this helps.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...p39k_plumb.pdf
Old 01-08-2022, 06:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Several questions and then "maybe" some ideas?
Stepone is to try to avoid more damage from freezing. I looked at your info and see Florida but I'm guessing that is not where you are to find that temperature?
So what does the weather for the next week look like? You really, really need to either get the RV to warm or get heat to the rest of the pipes as 14 degrees will really put the hurt on lots of things if you are not prepeared!

Then there is the question of where and what is broken. By cabinets, I suspect you mean the outside lower compartments that we often call the "basement"? And it sounds like the leak is in the "wet bay"?
If that fits what you have, I can give some small pointers, maybe?

One is to point to info on the online plumbing info here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...p39k_plumb.pdf

But I snipped a couple small pictures for what you may find. If it is the wet bay where water is first comming out, that is kind of a "normal" place to freeze as parts aresticking out through the metal faceplate and get colder as any heat at all is behind the plate?
So taking a look at page 8 it gives the front view and seems to show there are screwsalong the edges of the plate. Sometimes it is possible to pull these screws and gently work the plate and tubng forward enough to get to the back side, sometimes not and we have to take several of the fitting sn such off the plate to remove it.
You will just have to look and see how it works out???

Page 8 gives a rear view of this wet bay plumbing for an idea of what amount of plumbing is there as it is pretty much the heart of things for water!

Try clicking these snips to get a betterview or go direct to the info above to get more and better info!

If you find a part that is broken, it doesn't have to be a specific RV part to replace it and many of the parts can be replaced with something from the local hardware store. Usually cheaper and faster to get it there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wet bay copy.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	181670   Click image for larger version

Name:	wet bay 2 copy.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	181671  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highliner View Post
Hi. Scott here. I have a question. I have a 2005 Winnebago Journey 39k. I've owned it only since May. This morning I'm taking a shower. I'm almost done, and my water pressure drops by half. Now it's 14 degrees outside. So I'm thinking maybe a little piece of ice in the line. I turn off the water, get out of the shower and straight across the hall where the sink and toilet are. AND the electric heater. I thought I heard a dripping sound. So I turn off the heater. And the waters not dripping, it's running. I throw on some clothes, not enough, and go running around to the drivers side. Straight to the cabinet with the waste gates and city water hook up. I turn the hose off, and it's coming from above the top of that cabinet. It also soaked the one next to it, going towards the front. I walk around and it's dripping out of the ceiling of the adjacent cabinet on the passenger side. How do I get up in there to find the broken pipe or more likely a fitting. I've crawled around the cabinets. In the cabinets. And under the cabinets. There's got to be a way in there. And I have no water til I do get in there. Can someone point me in the right direction please. I really appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks.
Bummer, Scott. I can think of 2 things here. First, I'm guessing you did not run your LP furnaces when the temps dropped to 32*F and second, you did not drip a faucet when the temps dropped to 32*F. These steps would have prevented freeze ups.
I hope things are warmer now. If you remove the water bay panel you can get a better look at the plumbing behind it. Most likely you have a broken pex fitting. Most pex pipes can take freeze expansion but the fittings can't. It will take time to dry things out once the leak is fixed. A fan or heater will help.

Tags
water