Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No power to awnings.

The newest problem to date is our awnings. We have a 2011 Tour AD. Both the door awning and the main awning do not extend. They were both working fine and now nothing. I checked the circuit breaker and it is reset and shows power with a meter. I checked the power switch next to the door and there is power to and after the switch on the meter. Could the common denominator be the awning control box in the basement and how can I check that. It is odd that both awnings quit working all at once. Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help on this one guys.
Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

On the just newer coaches there is a downstream 15 amp fuse in the awning controller(s) located behind the magazine rack just inside the main entry door.

I'm not real familiar with your set-up, but if the control box in your basement is for the awning it might have a slot on the face of it showing the head of the fuse - it might also be a slide out control box. If there's not a slot - look for a fuse holder of some sort close by.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Important question: Obviously its retracted, but what happens if you try and retract? Can you hear the motors wanting to run?

There is a fail-safethat prevents the awnings from extending when either the motor is runninr, or in gear (dont remember). That control wire hits several connectors, and if one gets loose the awnings won’t EXTEND, but will retract

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Don't be a me - tear it apart and spend a lot of time tracing it back to the ignition key I left on
Old 02-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian42e View Post
Don't be a me - tear it apart and spend a lot of time tracing it back to the ignition key I left on
DOH!....
Theres that inerlock i was talkin’ about

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bago View Post
The newest problem to date is our awnings. We have a 2011 Tour AD. Both the door awning and the main awning do not extend. They were both working fine and now nothing. I checked the circuit breaker and it is reset and shows power with a meter. I checked the power switch next to the door and there is power to and after the switch on the meter. Could the common denominator be the awning control box in the basement and how can I check that. It is odd that both awnings quit working all at once. Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help on this one guys.
As a few have said. If the key is turned to ignition the awning safety interlock is engaged. You can only retract the awnings, not deploy them.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

On my coach (2002 Winny Ultimate Advantage) there is a fuse in the control box located in the basement. Remove the cover for the controller that is located there, if your coach has such a control box) and see if the fuse in the box has blown. Mine did once and it took a while to trace it to the control box.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #8
Itasca Sunstar Owner

Not sure if the parking brake has to be on but you might want to check that also.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

The key is not in the ignition at all. I checked the 15 amp fuse in the controller and it is good. I checked the switches again and they look ok. I give up!! Probably have to get someone out here. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:08 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bago View Post
The key is not in the ignition at all. I checked the 15 amp fuse in the controller and it is good. I checked the switches again and they look ok. I give up!! Probably have to get someone out here. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Winnebago did us no favors by eliminating the 12V schematic of our coaches. Here is a 2009 tour fd diagram. Just maybe you can get some idea of what is wrong by looking at how they locked out the awning back then. It will take some work on your part but you should be able to find the lockout relay.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_166775.pdf

Tags
awning, power