Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #81
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
I didn't have any problems but I didn't do the rain bonnet. Then again also is our couches identical?
Thanks guys! So it begs the question, what is the “rain bonnet”? Is that an optional part?
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #82
Winnebago Owner

Wyatt,
I watched the Vimeo videos on the upgrades and took some inspiration from them to order the piano hinges and gun magnet to modify our dinette. We have the 32p intent. I have taken so much from the forum to complete many mods to our motorhome. Love the switch mods you did, but a little intimidated to add to the dash like you did. Do you have any step by step video that I could mimic? Done a lot of home wiring, but limited on the auto side.
Twpinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #83
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Thanks guys! So it begs the question, what is the “rain bonnet”? Is that an optional part?
It is ....
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #84
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
It is ....
Ok, you’re teasing me. I was on their website, don’t see it. What does it do and why would I need it? The 7500 model seems self contained?
Old 11-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #85
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
Wyatt,
I watched the Vimeo videos on the upgrades and took some inspiration from them to order the piano hinges and gun magnet to modify our dinette. We have the 32p intent. I have taken so much from the forum to complete many mods to our motorhome. Love the switch mods you did, but a little intimidated to add to the dash like you did. Do you have any step by step video that I could mimic? Done a lot of home wiring, but limited on the auto side.
I’m not sure which “dash” switch mods you’re referring to, but this is a pretty detailed one on adding all of the switches I did up front...

https://vimeo.com/405276397

Let me know if you need any more guidance...don’t fear the switches, they’re only 12v. Can’t even get shocked in the process...
Old 11-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #86
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Led upgrade

More touches added today. I added another LED strip, this time under the kitchen counter. I hid the plugs/wires inside the wall, and the picture you see with the faceplate, and the little LED “receiver”, that sticks out, allows us to control the LED’S by remote, without unsightly plugs and wires.

Obviously, one can change the RGB colors to suit ones’s ambient desire, so I showed two colors...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80CC78F4-8225-48F1-93DD-3AD8AD061093.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	175645   Click image for larger version

Name:	857A1CC8-CEAF-4A1F-BFAD-D66901265D85.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	175646  

Name:	9D678371-5740-4EC0-AD8E-15171866B3D0.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	175647  
Old 11-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #87
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Variable Heater Registers

Another small change for winter. I swapped out the static floor heater registers for ones that can be throttled down, in order to better control the heat in various zones. The only room that had this ability, OEM, was the commode closet, but I wanted it in every area. This was an inexpensive swap out, but I also used aluminum foil tape, which Winnebago didn’t bother to do, to ensure the heater tubes are sealed well against the new registers.

The dial in the register to the right, in the picture, is how one turns the vent open or closed, or anywhere in between...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F4B14F2F-0AEF-4ECF-803C-74895FFD0F16.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	175649  
Old 11-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #88
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Auxiliary door handle

And finally, for the day, I added the left hand handle (includes a custom clear plastic backsplash cover to protect the wall), for DW, (hey, she asked, I delivered, no questions)...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E3E33020-9D53-4530-A58D-1291AA638C42.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	175650  
Old 11-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #89
Winnie-Wise

I work up a sweat just reading your posts!

Keep em coming. Appreciate them all. Thanks
Old 11-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #90
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Hey Wyatt and All! Long time no talk..uh, write! So, was gone 5 weeks to Michigan and back, 5000 miles again. Everything in the Rv functioned perfect and only issue was low/lost tire pressure due to my TPS sensors coming loose. First time I had to call Roadside assistance because when pulled into RV Park 2 days before I had a low fuel warning...Station was to be my first stop...low fuel means no generator which means no 110 to run my compressor!

I did have an embarrassing event my last night out. When leaving Oasis Rv in Vegas I forgot to retract the awning before exit....yup! The worst! I only needed about 2" to clear that damn palm tree! I use the awning so infrequently I honestly didn't even see the thing was out.

Progressive covered everything except my $375 deductible. Two great guys suggested y Oasis came and removed it and disposed for me...$250.

I was able to order an exact replacement from Carefree using the serial number of the old unit but it took about 3 weeks to get it. The installer didn;t order new braces/brackets in white so I allowed him to install Black...looks a little weird but I got my Black Caps also! When we got it up and working the LEDs didn't work so a replacement strip is in transit and hope to fix this weekend.

On the site catching up on all your activity and admire you all! Don't think I have it in me do do most of your upgrades. I am thinking about adding solar and wondering what you guys have done...Robb...do I remember your posting about 6 volt deep discharge batteries and was that part of solar install? Any advice would be welcome. thinking about starting with 400-600 watt Renogy kit using their 200 watt panels.

Thanks for letting me catch up. Hope everyone is very well!!
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:41 PM   #91
Winnie-Wise

Glad u had a nice trip except for a couple of hiccups. Hopefully next year if u return to the midwest Wisconsin Michigan area we can get together. This 2020 year is very bleak. Too bad.
I have progressive also, so thanks for roads side assistance info. Only had to use them once with my winnebago Rialta. Was good experience. (MY TRANSMISSION took a puke climbing mountains in Wyoming. )

Take care my friend and stay safe.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:54 PM   #92
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Hey Wyatt and All! Long time no talk..uh, write! So, was gone 5 weeks to Michigan and back, 5000 miles again. Everything in the Rv functioned perfect and only issue was low/lost tire pressure due to my TPS sensors coming loose. First time I had to call Roadside assistance because when pulled into RV Park 2 days before I had a low fuel warning...Station was to be my first stop...low fuel means no generator which means no 110 to run my compressor!

I did have an embarrassing event my last night out. When leaving Oasis Rv in Vegas I forgot to retract the awning before exit....yup! The worst! I only needed about 2" to clear that damn palm tree! I use the awning so infrequently I honestly didn't even see the thing was out.

Progressive covered everything except my $375 deductible. Two great guys suggested y Oasis came and removed it and disposed for me...$250.

I was able to order an exact replacement from Carefree using the serial number of the old unit but it took about 3 weeks to get it. The installer didn;t order new braces/brackets in white so I allowed him to install Black...looks a little weird but I got my Black Caps also! When we got it up and working the LEDs didn't work so a replacement strip is in transit and hope to fix this weekend.

On the site catching up on all your activity and admire you all! Don't think I have it in me do do most of your upgrades. I am thinking about adding solar and wondering what you guys have done...Robb...do I remember your posting about 6 volt deep discharge batteries and was that part of solar install? Any advice would be welcome. thinking about starting with 400-600 watt Renogy kit using their 200 watt panels.

Thanks for letting me catch up. Hope everyone is very well!!
You’re a nomad Bill, I’m envious of the time you have to travel—good for you!
Of course with that, will come more issues—that just stands to reason.

Glad you had a enlightening trip, sorry for some short falls...
Old 11-06-2020, 03:55 PM   #93
Winnebago Master

We apparently can’t send pics in a PM.
Here’s what I did. If you decide to rotate to the side, you’ll have to close it tight for travel so it doesn’t rip off.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	61945BCB-668B-40EE-AD55-ED280AA864DB.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	585.5 KB
ID:	175706  
Old 11-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #94
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Moving the sewer breather cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
We apparently can’t send pics in a PM.
Here’s what I did. If you decide to rotate to the side, you’ll have to close it tight for travel so it doesn’t rip off.
That's a big help, Thanks!

My second option--mounting the fan sideways, might work, only because it's somewhat protected by the air conditioner shroud. Still, I've decided against it after reading on the MAxxair website where they do not recommend it.

First, as you astutely mentioned, it'd have to be shut when traveling--always, to protect it against the 65 MPH winds. But I'm also worried about it leaking if I were to drive in a rainstorm event.

So your mode seems the way to go. Do you remember what size pipe fittings were necessary at the sewer breather tube?

It looks like you removed the old sewer breather cap and mount entirely, flashed around it with self leveling sealant, and tapped into the breather coming straight up from below with an elbow. Seems feasible for me, but when I get that old breaker cap removed from the roof, I'd just like to kinda have an idea what I'd be looking at? Just a straight pipe coming up? Diameter? Cut that as close to the roof as I can, to get the elbow on.
Really appreciate you taking the time to go out and snap a photo for me, and the follow-up.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #95
Winnebago Master

Ok...what I remember is 1-1/2” pipe. When the cap assembly is removed, the pipe comes straight up through a random sized hole. Which is why the flashing. I didn’t cut the pipe shorter. I also didn’t glue the elbow to it. I just slipped it on then put a screw in each side. The rest of the black assembly is glued. The turbo thingy is screwed on. Because the pipe sits off the roof about an inch, I cut a piece of pipe with a fish mouth (like a roll cage joint) as a spacer, then a long self tapping screw for a mechanical attachment. I never posted anything cuz I thought it was pretty hokie, but it works.
After scraping the roof clean -that was no fun- I used butyl tape and Dicor self leveling sealant on everything. It bubbled quite a bit, but as I read on line, it did go away. I also bought some 4” Eternabond tape ready to go if it went bad, but it’s pretty solid seal at this point. This was my first time with Dicor. I’ve had great success with 3M Marine Adhesive on everything else on the RV that needed attachment or sealing.
I hope this helps. It’s worth it. The fan is awesome!
Old 11-06-2020, 07:23 PM   #96
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Ok...what I remember is 1-1/2” pipe. When the cap assembly is removed, the pipe comes straight up through a random sized hole. Which is why the flashing. I didn’t cut the pipe shorter. I also didn’t glue the elbow to it. I just slipped it on then put a screw in each side. The rest of the black assembly is glued. The turbo thingy is screwed on. Because the pipe sits off the roof about an inch, I cut a piece of pipe with a fish mouth (like a roll cage joint) as a spacer, then a long self tapping screw for a mechanical attachment. I never posted anything cuz I thought it was pretty hokie, but it works.
After scraping the roof clean -that was no fun- I used butyl tape and Dicor self leveling sealant on everything. It bubbled quite a bit, but as I read on line, it did go away. I also bought some 4” Eternabond tape ready to go if it went bad, but it’s pretty solid seal at this point. This was my first time with Dicor. I’ve had great success with 3M Marine Adhesive on everything else on the RV that needed attachment or sealing.
Thanks for the details. Now comes the “fun” part... I let you know how it all goes...once it stops raining...and, once again, you’re assistance is most overwhelming appreciated.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #97
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

It is an awesome fan. Now that we are here in Arizona where temps are heaters run in the mornings and AC afternoons, it is a welcome relief to set the fan to auto and have it turn off at night before icecickles form on my beard I done have by morning.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:33 PM   #98
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Maxxair Fan replacement install

Quote:
Ok, another question for you...Robb, when you took off the old sewer cap, and removed the old cap and flashing at the roof, were you able to move the sewer pipe at all in any direction? In other words, did it have any “play” in it.
As you can see, my new fan lid actually hits the top of the sewer pipe, that sticks up about three inches from roof surface, but if I can cut down the main sewer pipe closer to the roof, and move it 1/4” aft, I can just add one of these, (it’s a one-way valve—lets air IN, to replenish air going out, but stops any air going OUT, SO, No rooftop sewer smell next to the fan, and I’m done.

The reason I’m looking at this remedy, rather than what you did is, I think my fan is actually interfering MORE with the vent pipe than yours may have. This solution allows me to install the one-way breather on the INSIDE of the sewer pipe, rather than the OUTSIDE, since my clearance is so limited. Thoughts? As always, my greatest appreciation for you indulging me...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	348ABB02-0324-4BF1-84C1-18809631D42A.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	618.5 KB
ID:	175749   Click image for larger version

Name:	9F6C3200-94A2-4233-943D-12A59B1E3F13.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	175750  

Old 11-09-2020, 06:58 AM   #99
Winnebago Master

I honestly don’t remember. The hole was definitely bigger than the pipe. I think you may get lucky and find some movement. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #100
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
I honestly don’t remember. The hole was definitely bigger than the pipe. I think you may get lucky and find some movement. Fingers crossed!
Thanks. We'll see. I woke up realizing that that one-way valve might be fine for a home, but not a septic tank. The gases would build up and have nowhere to go but into the coach.

I post what ends up happening. Thanks for your guidance.

Tags
intent 26m, wyatt