Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

No ICC Flasher, sqeaks, wind noise, and sliding table on '13 Sightseer

Has anyone found an aftermarket ICC flasher box that can be added easily to a MH. Our new Sightseer doesn't have one and I miss it.

Is anyone else bothered by the loud squeaks that come from the slide gaskets behind the driver and passenger seating. Seems quite loud and gets very annoying as the miles pile up. Is there any type of lubricant that can be used safely?

Thanks to those who posted about wind noise coming from the window weep holes. I used plastic electrical tape on the front side windows and the coach is much quieter now. The dealer asked if we had weep hole covers, which I don't see on any of the windows, so we'll see what they give us when we get in for warranty work. They also mentioned some type of wind vortex caused by the side mirrors. I'll post about that when we get the coach in and find out what that fix is if any.

The buffet dining table is a nice option. In practice, however, the table will slide back into the buffet very easily with and without the leaf in place. Bump the end and zoom the table slides into the buffet. Has anyone added a stop of some sort to hold the table extended? Seems there should be some sort of latches built into the slides but there are none that I can find.

Thanks for the help.
Bill596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Buy a can of slide seal lubricant, wipe seals clean and spray with lubricant. It will definitely reduce friction noise, and prolong seal life. If you wish, baby powder quiets them for a short while.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill596 View Post
Has anyone found an aftermarket ICC flasher box that can be added easily to a MH. Our new Sightseer doesn't have one and I miss it........

The buffet dining table is a nice option. In practice, however, the table will slide back into the buffet very easily with and without the leaf in place. Bump the end and zoom the table slides into the buffet. Has anyone added a stop of some sort to hold the table extended? Seems there should be some sort of latches built into the slides but there are none that I can find.

Thanks for the help.
BILL: I don't think WBGO offers an ICC switch, but if you are trying to flash your headlights to let truckers know it is safe to re-enter your lane after passing, try lightly depressing the parking brake pedal. On my Workhorse, that kills the DRLs momentarily and does not "set" the PB. Unfortunately, that does no good at night, nor does it offer a "thank you" flash from the rear lights if I'm the one doing the passing. For that I just use the turn signals.

RE: your table, mine has very noticeable "detents" at both the fully retracted and fully extended positions. Moving the table from either position requires a little effort, so perhaps your dealer can make some adjustments for you. My "table frustration" is that, with the leaf installed, we cannot get past the table when the slides are in for travel and removing & storing the leaf after each use is a PITA. good luck. Ed
Old 06-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

On ours, the latches are the same as what are used on our kitchen drawers. After extension, give an extra little pull.

You can see them under the table. They may need to be replaced if broken.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Winnebago customer service told meto use either baking soda or talcum powder on the slide seals to prevent squeaking.

I leave my headlights off but on on high beam and flash the headlights on and off a couple of times if I want to tell a trucker that it is okay to pull back in. That way he sees both low and high beams come on at the same time. Nowadays I only do that if a truck is passing me slowly and has another truck right behind him.

To thank a trucker I activate the emergency flashers for three or four flashes.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #6

I have attached to the bottom of this post, a generic set of instructions on how to add an ICC switch function to a motorcoach which may or may not be helpful if doing it yourself.

However, previously being OTR truck and bus drivers, we thought about wiring a ICC function to our coach but decided it wasn't worth the trouble as DH is not good with wiring.

We did have a friend disable our DRLs, however. So at night, if we wish to signal a trucker that it's okay to come back in front of us, we will just flip the switch to "parking lamps" thus killing the headlights and will do the customary signal by briefly turning off the headlights for 3-seconds. Please do not use high beams at night for this function as truck drivers are annoyed by it.

To flash our markers at night when a trucker signals us to come back in, we will just shut all the lights off quickly 2-3 times. Yes, it shuts all the lights off but just for a few seconds.

In the daylight, we will use high beams on for 3-seconds for signaling "okay to come in front of us." and use the emergency flashers for several blinks to thank a trucker if they signal us to come back in.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Add-on ICC Switch.pdf (61.5 KB, 99 views)
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to Ray, IN;edgray;dancincamper;Clay L and Amanda H; fo rall the tips and help. I'll check the table stops this weekend and gather the parts for the add on ICC switch and install that. I'll pick up a can of slide seal at camping world later this week.
Again thanks to all for the help.
Bill596 '13 Sightseer 33C
Old 06-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Edgray and Ray- I looked under the table and there they are a latch for each side at fully extended position. The bad news, the (coach) rear most slide has been mounted about 3/16 inch too high and the table latch part runs into the fixed latch mounting block and not into the latch. The front latch would work if not for the rear interference. I've added it to the punch list for warranty work.
Thanks for steering me in the correct direction.
Bill596 '13 Sightseer 33C.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

If it is a creaking/snapping kind of noise that you are hearing, it is not the seals, but the gibs on the Schwintek slideout. Winnebago suggests CRC Power lube as a cure. So far it has worked on a couple of units.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

forest - I don't understand the term 'gibs' on the slideout. The noise is as you describe creaking and snapping (popping). I most noticeable at slow speeds on normal roads (that is) bumpy, small pots holes, etc. Doesn't seem as noticeable on the highway.
Thank you for the post _ I've added it to the list and we'll see what the dealer can do.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill596 View Post
Has anyone found an aftermarket ICC flasher box that can be added easily to a MH. Our new Sightseer doesn't have one and I miss it.

Is anyone else bothered by the loud squeaks that come from the slide gaskets behind the driver and passenger seating. Seems quite loud and gets very annoying as the miles pile up. Is there any type of lubricant that can be used safely?

Thanks for the help.
i use protect all spray a couple of times a year.

Protect All Polish, Wax & Treatment All Surface Care - Protect All
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sightseer