Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #1

New Vista 29VE doesn't have a DVD Player

We just got our new Vista 29VE and on our first night figured out that there was no DVD player in the rig. I was quite surprised.

Has anyone installed a DVD player? I see that one can go into the cabinet above the living room TV where there is power and an HDMI port that is connected to that TV but then it will only run for that one TV.

There looks to be space for one in the panel above the door but I've not been able to find any DVD players that would fit in the small space identified for it. Did anyone find a DVD player that fits this space? If so, then it could be wired into that panel and connect to any of the 3 TV's.

Thanks,

Dennis
ddaudelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Does the radio have a cd player? I have a 2017 Vista, and I can play DVD's there and it plays on the TV if you turn the channel to channel 4. Wonder if your's is the same?
Old 12-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #3

Unfortunately our 2019 Vista 29VE does not have a DVD in the front radio.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

That is weird! At least you appear to have a second A/C. I’d gladly swap the DVD radio for that!
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:32 AM   #5

Our model only has a single A/C unit with a 30 amp cable and connector. There is a new option for the dual A/C units with a 50 amp cable and connector. It's an extra fee but I'm not sure what they are charging for it.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We found a Samsung BluRay at Walmart the fit into the space above the door. Under a hundred bucks. In ours there's a bank of HDMI splitters in the wall back in the bedroom. It feeds all three TV's and we can select the source at each TV. Have it fastened down with mega velcro, hasn't moved in 10K miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2161.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	170751   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2157.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	170752  

Old 12-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #7
Site Team

I just looked at the current online brochure for the 29VE. It says this:

Quote:
An HDTV connected to the cab DVD player provides endless entertainment
So, are you sure you don't have this?
Old 12-26-2018, 12:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompwil View Post
We found a Samsung BluRay at Walmart the fit into the space above the door. Under a hundred bucks. In ours there's a bank of HDMI splitters in the wall back in the bedroom. It feeds all three TV's and we can select the source at each TV. Have it fastened down with mega velcro, hasn't moved in 10K miles.

Good idea!.Thanks for the pic...My 2018 does not have cd or dvd player. it does have a really nice Pioneer radio tho... Off to Walmart!.. I will need to have my kid hook it up 'cause I am totally stupid at this stuff!..
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniram View Post
Good idea!.Thanks for the pic...My 2018 does not have cd or dvd player. it does have a really nice Pioneer radio tho... Off to Walmart!.. I will need to have my kid hook it up 'cause I am totally stupid at this stuff!..
Not sure if yours is wired the same as ours, but there was 2 HDMI cables inside the cabinet, one marked DVD the other marked satellite. There's a 120 volt power plug inside too. Ours didn't have the in-dash DVD either.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Tell your kid there are AC outlets up in there , they are hard to see. They are off the inverter so when the TV has power the DVD player will , too.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Thankyou so much for sharing the installation for a dvd...So I find the cable (if it's there) marked dvd and hook that up and then simply plug into the cabinet receptacle ..As of now the whole front of the (entertainment center) is blanked off with removable cover plates which I would assume are discarded depending which device you choose to install...Just keeping fingers crossed...leaving for the south this coming Saturday so I will do the install down there..thankyou again..
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:43 AM   #12

creativepart: Winnebago is installing Pioneer radios (with bluetooth, USB and backup camera functions) but no DVD player. It's odd that there is no DVD lpayyer anywhere in the rig.

I'm off to Walmart too and hopefully they will have something to fit.

Thank you, thompwil, the photos were very helpful. In the 29VE, the TV cable multiplexer box is right above the front door. I've got my fingers crossed that it has the power outlet in it too!
Old 12-27-2018, 05:17 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We have a new Vista 2019 29VE. The front radio has horrible reception. The radio station reception goes in and out while driving down the road just a few hundred yards. Both my car radios work fine even many many miles farther from the station. Camping World replaced the radio under warrantee and the new radio has same problem. Anyone else have the same issue?
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:18 AM   #14

Mine is working fine, I'm not experiencing any problems with it. It's the new Pioneer system.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:25 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah4448 View Post
We have a new Vista 2019 29VE. The front radio has horrible reception. The radio station reception goes in and out while driving down the road just a few hundred yards. Both my car radios work fine even many many miles farther from the station. Camping World replaced the radio under warrantee and the new radio has same problem. Anyone else have the same issue?
I'd be looking for a fault in the antenna wire.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #16

I agree the only other things now in the circuit are the antenna wire and the antenna itself. I guess checking the grounds is always something that should be done too!
Old 12-27-2018, 01:36 PM   #17
Let's kill some bugs!

My Vista 32YE has a Pioneer radio, and I'm disappointed. I has a DVD player, but I never play DVDs. However it DOESN'T have bluetooth to play my phone audio books and music. Winnebago currently advertises Bluetooth support in their website, but my rig doesn't have it. The model number of Pioneer units need a "B" in the suffix to support bluetooth (according to my local Pioneer dealer). Instead of Bluetooth, my radio has a USB wire coming out the dash that IMPLIES you can simply connect your phone via WIRE to play your music. However it won't work for me. Reading into this situation, it says you need to download app to play via USB wire, REALLY?? That's weird. After downloading the app it mandates to download yet ANOTHER KEYBOARD APP to work. With that 2nd app, upon installing it, my phone warns me that the app can copy all keystrokes, including passwords. FORGET THAT! So my USB WIRE is a dead end to play music/audio boots. This Pioneer radios in getting replaced with another model Pioneer radio ($400 worth), so the rear camera plug is compatible. Pioneer offers a variety of Bluetooth compatible radios, including PHONE CONVERSATION MIC support, however those with Bluetooth don't have a DVD, which in my case is OK.

It's apparent early 2018 Vista models had head units with DVD players but without Bluetooth. It seems later model 2018 models have Bluetooth and no DVD in the head unit.

The current 2018 downloadable brochure doesn't say DVD is standard. Although the brochure doesn't mention DVD player as standard, it does mention Bluetooth as standard (which I don't have in my 2018 32YE, built in April 2017).

I would gladly swap radios with the OP. I don't use DVD, but need Bluetooth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio, Bluetooth.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	170763   Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD option in brochure.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	170764  

John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #18

Swapping is an interesting idea, John but I don't believe that my coach is wired to run the DVD from the front console. They put a HDMI outlet into the cabinet above the TV and hardwired it to the TV. Also, the AV cabinet should connect to the TV's.

I think that I'm going to have to find a small DVD player (preferably with Blueray).

Dennis
Old 12-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaudelin View Post
Swapping is an interesting idea, John but I don't believe that my coach is wired to run the DVD from the front console. They put a HDMI outlet into the cabinet above the TV and hardwired it to the TV. Also, the AV cabinet should connect to the TV's.

I think that I'm going to have to find a small DVD player (preferably with Blueray).

Dennis
We added a Sony Blu-ray player to ours because of the small size. The volume seems low compared to other units though.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #20

I've just ordered a Sony DVD player that has both AV cables and HDMI. Only AV cables will work in the AV Cabinet above the door. There is no HDMI in that cabinet. The player does not have Blu-ray but that's okay. It is small enough to fit in the AV Cabinet and I'll use mega-velcro like thompwil suggested. Thank you everyone for your help!