Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper

The part of the antenna that was broken is actually not too expensive. My old dealer said I had to buy a whole new anetenna, that I couldn't buy replacement parts. Well, I found the replacement part. LOL
Winegard RP-2900 Elevator Tubes (pair) for Sensar RV TV Antenna Replacement
Newbie31ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

I have one stubborn jack that sometimes doesn't quite retract all the way, especially if it's cold outside. It's the furthest from the hydraulic pump (driver's side rear) and always the last to retract. I am guessing that the fluid is too viscous in the cold and the springs are having a hard time pushing out the fluid. Extending the jack and then wiping on a little WD40 does the trick. I may have to replace the springs some time in the future.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
I have one stubborn jack that sometimes doesn't quite retract all the way, especially if it's cold outside. It's the furthest from the hydraulic pump (driver's side rear) and always the last to retract. I am guessing that the fluid is too viscous in the cold and the springs are having a hard time pushing out the fluid. Extending the jack and then wiping on a little WD40 does the trick. I may have to replace the springs some time in the future.
It's 3 out of the 4 jacks that don't retract fully for us. It's going in to the dealer tonite for them to work on the jacks tomorrow, plus fix a few other issues. We are also having a Progressive industries whole house surge protector installed. Progressive Industries 50 Amp RV Electrical Management System w Remote Display - Hardwire from tweetys.com I'm hoping to get it back Friday night as promised. I plan to take it to work and live in the parking lot this weekend while I'm on call for work. It will give me time to get used to all the gadgets and try out the RV close to home.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie31ul View Post
It's 3 out of the 4 jacks that don't retract fully for us. It's going in to the dealer tonite for them to work on the jacks tomorrow, plus fix a few other issues. We are also having a Progressive industries whole house surge protector installed. Progressive Industries 50 Amp RV Electrical Management System w Remote Display - Hardwire from tweetys.com I'm hoping to get it back Friday night as promised. I plan to take it to work and live in the parking lot this weekend while I'm on call for work. It will give me time to get used to all the gadgets and try out the RV close to home.
on the Progressive, I have the 50A portable version. Be sure to take along a strong stick or pry bar to persuade your jacks to return to home base, good luck with your camp out!
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerPower View Post
on the Progressive, I have the 50A portable version. Be sure to take along a strong stick or pry bar to persuade your jacks to return to home base, good luck with your camp out!
We had the hardwired one in our last coach, I thought about getting the portable this time, but the dealer talked us out of it. They felt it would be too easy to steal.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

I have the Progressive hard-wired and I'm very happy with it. It did its job last summer and shut the power off when the campground voltage dropped too low.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:04 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
We had the hardwired one in our last coach, I thought about getting the portable this time, but the dealer talked us out of it. They felt it would be too easy to steal.
I weighed that concern as well, but after purchasing a 30 ft. 50A extension cord (Robot Check) so I can reach the outlet on my house, I decided to also take the extension along when traveling. This allows me to keep the Progressive connected in my electrical bay and run just the extension out to the post. It also gives me a lot more distance in case the stock 25 ft cord is too short somewhere down the road.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerPower View Post
I weighed that concern as well, but after purchasing a 30 ft. 50A extension cord (Robot Check) so I can reach the outlet on my house, I decided to also take the extension along when traveling. This allows me to keep the Progressive connected in my electrical bay and run just the extension out to the post. It also gives me a lot more distance in case the stock 25 ft cord is too short somewhere down the road.
That makes sense. Good idea!
Old 04-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #49
Winnebago Camper

Got the coach back yesterday. The jacks are working fine now, still a little slow to retract, but at least they are retracting fully. The Progressive surge protector was installed as well. Dry run this weekend in the parking lot at work. So far, so good.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:29 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Got the coach back yesterday. The jacks are working fine now, still a little slow to retract, but at least they are retracting fully. The Progressive surge protector was installed as well. Dry run this weekend in the parking lot at work. So far, so good.
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 04-24-2016, 01:15 PM   #51
Winnebago Camper

During my shakedown camp out at work. I have found a switch that I can't figure out. It is on the valance in the front of the coach as you enter, right by the front tv. There are two light switches, one marked valance and the other marked accent. It's the Accent switch which does nothing. I even tried it at night with no other lights on to see if it was something small like the aisle light near the bathroom. Nothing happens. Do i just have a bulb burned out somewhere? What is this switch supposed to do? Anybody with the 2011 Meridian 34y know? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #52
Winnebago Master

Quote:
It is best to wash the jacks with WD-40 and wipe with a soft cloth from time to time and then spray them with CRC Power Lube with PTFE and exercise them once or twice. Jacks retract slowly to those new to them. Over time you will come to know what is normal for your coach.

Enjoy you new rig!

Rick Y
Old 04-24-2016, 03:53 PM   #53
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
During my shakedown camp out at work. I have found a switch that I can't figure out. It is on the valance in the front of the coach as you enter, right by the front tv. There are two light switches, one marked valance and the other marked accent. It's the Accent switch which does nothing. I even tried it at night with no other lights on to see if it was something small like the aisle light near the bathroom. Nothing happens. Do i just have a bulb burned out somewhere? What is this switch supposed to do? Anybody with the 2011 Meridian 34y know? Thanks.
See if it is connected to the exterior handle light and/or porch light. Just a wild idea on my part.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #54
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Hi Newbie: The Accent switch operates a rope light that lies above the forward cabinets and extends around the cockpit perimeter. If you stand on the copilot seat and reach above the cabs on the right, you can feel it. Perhaps your rope light is burned out or disconnected? Have a good night, good luck at work tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #55

Quote:
Congrats on your new coach! We get ours next week (it also is getting the jacks fixed). The accent light on ours is a rope light as stated that lights above the front cabinets.

I sure thought these already has a power surge suppression and management system - I left my 50A Progressive on my last coach. You're making me think I'm sorry I did that.

On edit - looking at pics ours has a factory TRC Surge Guard RV Power Protection Transfer Switch Model 41260. Are you sure you don't have that already? Maybe it was a later change.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:36 AM   #56
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
Congrats on your new coach! We get ours next week (it also is getting the jacks fixed). The accent light on ours is a rope light as stated that lights above the front cabinets.

I sure thought these already has a power surge suppression and management system - I left my 50A Progressive on my last coach. You're making me think I'm sorry I did that.

On edit - looking at pics ours has a factory TRC Surge Guard RV Power Protection Transfer Switch Model 41260. Are you sure you don't have that already? Maybe it was a later change.
Thanks everybody for the quick responses. I did feel the rope light up above the cabinets. I'm assuming it is burnt out. It seems to be stapled in place. It might be difficult to replace. And Atom Ant, I'm not sure about the surge, I too left my 50 amp progressive on my last coach. The dealer didn't mention the Meridian already having a surge protector, I'm hoping they wouldn't sell me something I don't need. Lol. What year is your new coach?
Old 04-25-2016, 07:28 AM   #57

Quote:
Thanks everybody for the quick responses. I did feel the rope light up above the cabinets. I'm assuming it is burnt out. It seems to be stapled in place. It might be difficult to replace. And Atom Ant, I'm not sure about the surge, I too left my 50 amp progressive on my last coach. The dealer didn't mention the Meridian already having a surge protector, I'm hoping they wouldn't sell me something I don't need. Lol. What year is your new coach?
Mine is a 2013 but I thought I saw them back on the 2011 Tours we were looking at as well. It reports to a panel called "Powerline" in the controls area. From the brochure your 2011 should have the Powerline as well, but a different readout than mine. I'll post a pick here. The Surge Guard is a little more basic than the Progressive, but I don't think you can combine them in series. I may be wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160409_161632_resized.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	125182   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160409_163424_resized.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	125183  

Old 04-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #58
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
Mine is a 2013 but I thought I saw them back on the 2011 Tours we were looking at as well. It reports to a panel called "Powerline" in the controls area. From the brochure your 2011 should have the Powerline as well, but a different readout than mine. I'll post a pick here. The Surge Guard is a little more basic than the Progressive, but I don't think you can combine them in series. I may be wrong.
I do not have the Powerline surge, so I guess its a good thing I bought another Progressive. Also, I fiddled with the rope lights trying to figure out how I would remove them to replace them. They started working after moving them around a little. Must have been a loose connection. And the jacks retracted fine for the trip home. Still rather slow to retract compared to my gas RV. Something to get used to.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #59

Well darn, I guess they all didn't have it. Sorry if I led you astray, but at least you have it protected.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #60
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I do not have the Powerline surge, so I guess its a good thing I bought another Progressive. Also, I fiddled with the rope lights trying to figure out how I would remove them to replace them. They started working after moving them around a little. Must have been a loose connection. And the jacks retracted fine for the trip home. Still rather slow to retract compared to my gas RV. Something to get used to.
Check the connector of your rope lights. These are know to catch on fire. I found mine melted. Poor assembly from the factory.

Tags
itasca