Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Well, we did it. I shouldn't go to a dealer Show n Tell. We went to one on April 13-15. My wife and I started looking at Winnebago coaches. We found a new, 2006 39K Journey that we liked. Just for kicks and grins, we asked the dealer for a price and a trade in on our 2003 Brave. He made us too good an offer. SSSoooooo, we are the proud owners of a 39K Journey, 350 HP CAT and the Allison 6 speed. We take it out to our first campout this weekend.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, hints, etc. from others with the same coach or the same drive train. I posted this on the General Discussion Forum, but I wanted to post it on this forum as well.

We're now Diesel drivers.

W8RLM - Bob

2006 Winnebago Journey, Model 39K, PT Cruiser, Brake Buddy
Old 04-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, we did it. I shouldn't go to a dealer Show n Tell. We went to one on April 13-15. My wife and I started looking at Winnebago coaches. We found a new, 2006 39K Journey that we liked. Just for kicks and grins, we asked the dealer for a price and a trade in on our 2003 Brave. He made us too good an offer. SSSoooooo, we are the proud owners of a 39K Journey, 350 HP CAT and the Allison 6 speed. We take it out to our first campout this weekend.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, hints, etc. from others with the same coach or the same drive train. I posted this on the General Discussion Forum, but I wanted to post it on this forum as well.

We're now Diesel drivers.

W8RLM - Bob

2006 Winnebago Journey, Model 39K, PT Cruiser, Brake Buddy
Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on your new Journey. We love ours.
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Happy Trails Bob. Iv'e only logged about 1000 miles so far on my new Journey. No major problems so far. Im getting anxious to put some miles on this baby. This is my second Winnebago, the first one being a 2000 Adventurer.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Bob,

Congrats on your new coach! You will love it. Look here in the Winnie forum and the Freightliner forum for insight on your coach and drivetrain.

My recommendation is to keep a punch list of those little 'adjustments' that inevitavely will need tweaking.

Good luck and happy miles!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on your new coach. The only thing wrong I see with ours is that now when we go to a RV show, I honestly come away not wanting something different.
Our honeymoon continues with ours. We are at Myrtle Beach right now with it.
Have fun!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Bob - Woooooo! Woooooo! You are going to love that coach. I'm happy for you. Here's a suggestion for preventive maintenance. Before the paint fails on your battery trays - and it will fail - remove all of the batteries and coat the trays with rubber undercoat. I used the brand Lawson Rubber Undercoat but there are several good brands. It is like rhino lining in an aerosol can. Now your battery trays are clean and corrosion free so an hour's worth of work now will save you many, many hours later. And, every time you pull out the trays you'll have a good feeling when you see they are clean and rust free. Enjoy!
73's
Larry
Cat C-7 DP -- 2 slides -- computer table dinet -- full body paint -- Satellite Dish: Winegard Movin' View Dome -- Toad: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD -- Aux Brake: none -- Tow Bar: Sterling All Terrain -- GPS: Garmin Street Pi
KE0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:45 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Congrats. on your new Journey. We go our new to us Journey in January. Were looking at an '06 Ellipse with 22k miles but the dealer wouldn't meet my offer. He called a week later with an '05 Journey he had in the works on a trade with 13k miles. He met my price and the rest is history. Love the coach, love the drive train now DW need a washer/dryer to prolong our outings.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

KE0M,

Thanks for the suggestion on the battery trays. I'll look into it. It's a good idea. I took the batteries out of my Brave before, and I used an undercoating. The material that you mentioned sounds like a better deal. The idea of trying to pull all 5 batteries is a big job, but it makes sense.

Thanks,

W8RLM - Bob
Old 04-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Maverick,

We had the dealer install the Washer/Dryer before we picked it up. Several families in the two WIT clubs that we belong to have them and love them.

Hope ours works out as well.

W8RLM - Bob