Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Smile New Itasca 40CD

DW and I went to see a new Itasca 40 CD today and have to admit with the nice colors in the interior over the 2010 we saw, and the new look on the exterior this is one sharp looking coach. Had the residential fridge and light almond leather interior with almost black corian C-Tops.

The room in this coach is amazing, other than the dark C-tops my wife fell in luv with this coach.

We looked at some Tiffen products yesterday and I thinking for the price they want for the 40' Phaeton the Ellipse for a little more is well worth the difference.

We haven;t had the chance to see an Allegro Bus yet they have one coming in the next week or two.

After all that my question is what if anything to watch for, and are there any addons from the factory that are considered must haves.

From the looks of things there is much more to add to these coaches, but did notice this one didn't have a sliding tray in the underbelly storage. It did have an accessory Dometic Fridge/Freezer in the Belly storage compartment.

Thanks Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Isn't shopping for a new coach fun? We have an Ellipse 40FD and love it but they have sure spiffed them up since we bought ours in 2007. I'm not familiar with the CD floorplan but we love having the fireplace as well as the outdoor entertainment center.

Ours was built on the Evolution chassis which I think was only used for a short time. it has no pass through storage. The storage bays are attached to the slides so ride in and out. It's nice not hitting my head while reaching into the bays but I think I would prefer pass through with the slide trays. But, keep in mind that the slide trays themselves will eat up some valuable storage space. Maybe having aftermarket trays could be a bargaining chip for you?

Good Luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Isn't shopping for a new coach fun? We have an Ellipse 40FD and love it but they have sure spiffed them up since we bought ours in 2007. I'm not familiar with the CD floorplan but we love having the fireplace as well as the outdoor entertainment center.

Ours was built on the Evolution chassis which I think was only used for a short time. it has no pass through storage. The storage bays are attached to the slides so ride in and out. It's nice not hitting my head while reaching into the bays but I think I would prefer pass through with the slide trays. But, keep in mind that the slide trays themselves will eat up some valuable storage space. Maybe having aftermarket trays could be a bargaining chip for you?

Good Luck.
Rick

Thanks Rick it is a very exciing time, there's so much more to learn about these coaches than I ever could have imagined.

While we liked the Tiffen Phaetons, they we're just lacking a little in a few areas I thought was important. The Ellipse 40cd with rear bath and 1/2 design and full wall slide is so spacious. One of our main requirements is having a decent bath/bedroom area to since this will be our home for a lot of years. Also really like the electric bed that can be raised up at the back for reading or watching TV is a very welcomed feature also.

Trap
Old 10-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I wish you the best shopping for your new home Trap. One thing to consider is construction of what you can't see and IMHO Winnie is tops there especially in the cab area. As for the sliding tray in the storage, the dealer must not have ordered it. If this is the coach you decide on you could always negotiate it into the price.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Traps90: Didn't like the black counter tops either. That's the only thing we didn't care for. It is a wonderful coach.
Saying that, Winnebago does do a lot of innovative things to their coaches. The couch sliding out would close the deal for us. Other things Winnebago have adapted were used by other manufacturers, after several years Winnebago decides whether the new items were worth adapting or were others having trouble. In other words, Winnebago lets others work out all the bugs before they (Winnebago) use it.
Tiffen is now building their own chassis. That alone would give me pause. I'm not saying it is good or bad, time will tell. Tiffen is very popular right now, sort of like "gold rush fever". Many are caught up in it.
Good luck with your Ellipse and keep us posted.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Olive and Two-Niner, since we're at least a year from pulling the trigger (hoping to have it by Spring 2012) unless we find a great deal on a left over 2011, we may very well just have one ordered in the way we want it.

Still have lots to learn about these coaches, but as DW said she can live with Black Countertops if that means she can have the rest of the coach.
While we do like what we've seen and heard about the Tiffen Line of Coaches, just don't think there the ones for us.

Trap
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Traps 90
I got a 2010 40cd winnebago and love it, you will have plenty of room and the bath and a half makes it super nice, there are alot of left over 10s out there also, i know the 11s have the new body but 100,000 off i could live with the old style.good luck
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1032 View Post
Traps 90
I got a 2010 40cd winnebago and love it, you will have plenty of room and the bath and a half makes it super nice, there are alot of left over 10s out there also, i know the 11s have the new body but 100,000 off i could live with the old style.good luck
Thanks for the advice, as I said we're about a year away yet from doing this, right now we're doing the research. When the time comes to by that'll take a lot of research also. We'll be lookin for the best deal possible.

Hopefully you won't mind answering a question or two from me as this moves forward, since you have one.

Once againg thanks Trap
Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Trap90
I have 2010 Itasca Ellipse CD we purchased in Feb 2010. There are some differences in the Winne Tour CD and the Itasca Ellipse CD. Also the are some changes for the 2011 models of both. Email me if you want. I'd be glad to talk to you about the coach.

Phil Bailey
philbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbailey View Post
Trap90
I have 2010 Itasca Ellipse CD we purchased in Feb 2010. There are some differences in the Winne Tour CD and the Itasca Ellipse CD. Also the are some changes for the 2011 models of both. Email me if you want. I'd be glad to talk to you about the coach.

Phil Bailey

Thanks Phil I probably take you up on the offer as I feel like a newbie again when it comes to MH's.

Trap