Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New interior layout for the Tour.

I commend Winnebago for being daring enough to have a completely different layout than any other coach at the FMCA Rally in NM.

Not having to turn your head to watch the TV, and we all do it, is simply super smart!!! Very classy. You have to see it to believe how great it looks and how smart it is to cater to the typical MH owner. Two adults.

Somebody make me a loan, please.

Kerry

I know, I know, bunk beds are good too, if you have children.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Which layout do you like? I have an '07 Adventurer 38T and the TV is right in front of the chairs. Love it. I don't see anything too different.
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Go back to Winnebago forum owners, click on the sponser, click Winnebago. On left side of ad see Tour? Click it.
It's the Tour BD with the seating in "pink". The couch is directly across from the flat screen. You may have to enlarge it. It's not the one Tom is depicting.

Kerry
Old 03-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sorry, the floorplan I posted is my 2005 38R Suncruiser.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
I commend Winnebago for being daring enough to have a completely different layout than any other coach at the FMCA Rally in NM.

Not having to turn your head to watch the TV, and we all do it, is simply super smart!!! Very classy. You have to see it to believe how great it looks and how smart it is to cater to the typical MH owner. Two adults.

Somebody make me a loan, please.

Kerry

I know, I know, bunk beds are good too, if you have children.
Nice , really well though out,

But not new - we had the same layout on our 2005 Journey 39F.
In fact we liked it so much it was the deciding factor in buying it.

Good to see they have continued it on the TOUR

PHESPE
PHESPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

IDK,

With exception to the front TV and the rear wardrobe, looks just like my 40MDTS
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
Go back to Winnebago forum owners, click on the sponser, click Winnebago. On left side of ad see Tour? Click it.
It's the Tour BD with the seating in "pink". The couch is directly across from the flat screen. You may have to enlarge it. It's not the one Tom is depicting.

Kerry

Do you have any direct link info. I couldn't find the link you were talking about.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I'm biased, but I like the 40TD (discontinued). The scale on the plan is inaccurate, making the TV area look too small. Ours has the fireplace below the TV...very comfy.

kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I'm intrigued by that couch with the slide out section in that BD floorplan. That's a really innovative design to increase seating capacity. Did you get a chance to see that in action? I wonder how easy it is to deploy & retract?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Yes they did a demo at NM and requires no strength for any action in the seating area. It had a king bed.
No TV above driver in front. Does have fireplace below "main" TV.
Sorry no link, except for the ad as I described, and seeing it in person. It's still the 400hp ISL.
They redesigned the driver/asst. driver's chairs, bringing them in line with some of the pricier Class A's. And as previously posted, the sketch of the layout is way out of proportion (which they should have noted). The living room is perhaps just like one in a stick house.
Honestly, you have to see it to believe it. Winnebago really made a jump forward with this particuliar model. The MSRP is only ten grand up from my 08.

Kerry

I previously thought we had bought our LAST coach. Shows what I know!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

twoinner-I agree, that couch is nothing short of fantastic. I called Winny to find out if this couch will be available as a stand-alone. The gentleman said they have received dozens of calls from people wanting to know the same thing. When you saw this couch do you think it could work in an existing Winny MH say a Meridian or similar with only one living room slide? It is hard to tell from the pics as to just how much room would be needed to walk once the couch was fully extended if you catch my drift here. I would love to put that in our Meridian. Any comments?
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We recently took delivery on a 42AD. The layout and the sectional sofa are two of the features that sold us on the unit. The fireplace and TV make a very cozy living room feel. We stayed in 10-20 degree weather and the Aquahot is the bomb! DW likes the continuous hot water for laundry, best RV shower I've ever taken.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I don't know if any coach can be retrofitted with the "couch". Pictures do not do it justice. Closed up, there is reasonable (like any other manufacturer) access to the bathroom and bedroom.
Robodoc: I had a very hard time getting DW out of the 42AD, sort of like a wrestling "smackdown". I was the smackee!! Congratulations on your new coach. Please make a post from time to time as how things are working. Thanks.

Kerry