Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New Flooring in 06 Meridian

Spent today having the carpet removed and replaced with tile. Found the same tile that Itasca had used. Tomorrow we get to screw and bolt everything back together. The pictures are from my cell phone. We'll replace them with snaps from a camera soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV new floor 1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	8301   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV new floor 2.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	8302  

Attached Images

Bob and Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Looks great !
Did you need to do anything special around the slideout?

Since we have the dogs this is a project on my "future" list.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We just cut the carpeting off while holding the slide's carpeting up for access to the edge. We haven't pulled the slide in yet but do not expect any problems. So far very happy with the installation.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #4

That almost looks like the same stuff as we have in our '07. However, I'm getting fed up with ours as dirt embeds in all the crevices and I end up having to scrub the dirt out with a scrubbie at least once a month. I'd like to replace ours with something else.

It looks like you did a good job, however! Would you like to come over and do ours now? ...only with something other than what we currently have.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Amanda,

The crew that I hired is great. I have moved from staff, worker, clean-up guy to supervisor. I'm sure that this crew can help you with your flooring needs.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have the same coach. Where did you find the tile? Did the tile layout at the front, match the original layout in the galley. (I suspect you kept the galley tile and removed the forward tile to get the layout correct. Great Job!

Dave
Shuffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

You can locate a dealer on the NAFCO website. Yes, we started from the kitchen area. The entry area had to be removed, The carpet under the front seats is over foam mat that is glued to the metal floor and was also removed. The entry area also required some filler to even the area out.

NAFCO® By Tarkett
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Old Tile Removed?

Did you remove any of the existing tile? I'm really interested in your project. Looks great!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We only replaced the tiles that had carpet staple holes in them. The installers started pulling the carpet out a 9:00 am and finished laying the tile at 6:00 pm. I'm still putting everything back together. We are very happy with the finished product.

The color on the tile is computer generated so you don't have batch numbers to deal with. Our color was #CL-502 Stoney Taupe and is found on the Nafco website under "Classic Tiles" then "Claystone."
Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #10

Ok, I think I understand. My question is also if this is the same stuff that Winnebago initially used and it sounds like although a close match, it isn't the exact same stuff that was originally installed, correct? You didn't keep any of the original stuff, right?

Like I said, I don't want the exact same stuff that we have now (the original stuff that Winnebago used) as it get dirt embedded into the crevasses that has to be scrubbed out.

So this is what you used, Bob and Vicky?:

Product Details

ETA: Oh wait, re-reading what you've said, it DOES sound as if it is the exact same stuff you originally had.

We have random ridges and bumps that simulate real tile and what you have sounds as if it is completely smooth. That's what we want, smooth vinyl with no ridges or crevasses!

Second ETA: Oppps! I misinterpreted this whole thread. You ARE using real ceramic tile. Sorry, disregard everything I've said so far. We have the cheap vinyl tile. Real tile wasn't an option in '07.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

This is the same exact same tile that Winnebago used when they built our coach. It is a vinyl tile with random ridges and bumps and grout on 2 sides as Amanda has showen above. Our interior is the "Manhattan/Buff Ultraleather" color package.

At the slide it is best to allow an inch of wood to be exposed, do not run the tile all the way out to the edge of the floor. Our slide hit the edge of one tile while retracting and destroyed that piece of tile.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I have the same coach and tile. Looks like you did a nice job. I don't mean to rain on anyones parade here but after seeing the thread on the cracked tile (split and pulling up) on this forum I am not sure I want anymore of this stuff in any coach where temps. go below freezing. I think if mine raises and cracks like some of the others posted here, I will look at using "Allure Flooring" which is suppose to be very forgiving in cold temps. Actually, on the other forum this problem is surfacing in other coaches with this flooring. I am beginning to think that maybe carpeting isn't so bad after all when it comes to cold weather. Regardless glad your happy with it and wish you the best.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote