Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Flooring

We are going to remodel our 2007 Winnebago Tour and the first step is new flooring and updating the valances on the widows.

We are looking at 'luxury vinyl click lock' wood finish for the floor with a carpet upgrade on the slides. Anyone with any experience with flooring upgrades in Class A's
jeppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:21 AM   #2
Site Team

We installed the Allure Vinyl (I think predecessor to the luxuary vinyl with 2-sides adhesive edge - Home Depot) and it went down pretty good. We had separation at the ends in a hallway as it's not really setup for huge temp swings. I think our ussue is that we should have compartmentalized the areas rather than running from front to back in one segment. It took us 2 days to do this ourselved and that was the salon, hallway and bathroom. I didn't get too far under the slides, but you would be hard pressed to tell it wasn't done the way we have it from the factory. We installed this at an RV park while on the road.

That said we just had the Home Depot LifeProof vinyl installed at our home (just last week) and that would NOT have the same issue, but I'm not sure how it would hold up in the RV (I assume pretty well as it's super tough stuff). It's definitely thicker than the Allure so if you're working with tolerances you'd definitely want to check (we were replacing carpet and linoleum so thinner was better). Cutting was pretty easy, there were no power tools used and it took the installers less than 3 hours to put down (bedroom). I'm absolutely sure it will take longer in the RV with all the cuts you'd have to make.

We uninstalled everythinn we could to make the job go quicker (although it was less convenient) and we were knocked out at the end, but happy with the results.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I used the Lowes pull down levers. There is button on the bottom shade. So measure the opening and they cut them mount them to the valance and no more strings to deal with.

I'm curious about the carpeting removal and replacing it with tile? is it a big deal to do the slide area
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

A good alternative to traditional carpet is commercial grade carpet tiles. They're about 20"x20" and easy to install with double-sided carpet tape (instead of the mastic). We re-did all of our previously carpeted floor with them. We thought about Luxury Vinyl but were concerned about scratching from the slide going in and out. One little piece of gravel and you have a problem. It's low, tight nap makes it easy to keep clean (we have a dog) and it feels nice on bare feet.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodGT View Post
I used the Lowes pull down levers. There is button on the bottom shade. So measure the opening and they cut them mount them to the valance and no more strings to deal with.

I'm curious about the carpeting removal and replacing it with tile? is it a big deal to do the slide area
Yep did the same thing worked great. I didn't use the day night shades and it's not super dark in the coach. Very easy to measure and install
HollywoodGT is offline   Reply With Quote