Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

We have a 2004 39W Journey. This floor plan has a recliner on the curb side behind the passenger chair and in front of the dinnette.

The chair was no longer comfortable. This picture shows my wife sitting in the chair working on the laptop Pix of Original Chair

This shows me sitting in the new chair. New chair This chair glides, swivels, and reclines. Notice it has a separate ottoman which also glides.

We purchased the chair in the Amish country of northern Indiana. This pix shows our rig in front of the little factory where they are manufactured not far from Shipshewana, IN. Factory Pix

I learned about the company through their ad in the FMCA magazine. Website
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We have a 2004 39W Journey. This floor plan has a recliner on the curb side behind the passenger chair and in front of the dinnette.

The chair was no longer comfortable. This picture shows my wife sitting in the chair working on the laptop Pix of Original Chair

This shows me sitting in the new chair. New chair This chair glides, swivels, and reclines. Notice it has a separate ottoman which also glides.

We purchased the chair in the Amish country of northern Indiana. This pix shows our rig in front of the little factory where they are manufactured not far from Shipshewana, IN. Factory Pix

I learned about the company through their ad in the FMCA magazine. Website
Old 10-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Very nice. Looks a lot more comfortable than the chair supplied by Winnie. I like the seperate ottoman too. How much, if I may ask?

Mike
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

About $625 (including IN sales tax) ... we picked it up ... the owner of the shop told me that shipping is generally about $100

They have about 5 colors of fabric and three colors of leather.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thank you. Looks like a good stop after the GNR next year.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Do they offer ultra-leather to match the captain's chairs? I could not really tell in the pictures from the web site.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

They had two leather chairs in the showroom when we visited. We were not interested in leather so I can't tell you the exact colors or how they felt to the touch.

Give them a call 260.768.4820
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I really like your new chair! Beautiful! But I can't tell from the photo...does it have the round base so that it can be locked down for travel?

(Off topic)
Also noticed something else in your photo. Your chair and table set up is a lot like ours. Did you make that magazine rack or buy it? If you bought it...can I ask where? We're always looking for a way to store our maps and atlases. That looks like a super solution. Right now we use a large basket that we have to keep moving every time we set up so DH has a place to put his feet..(the chair is HIS sweet spot).

Thanks for the chair info!
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Jeanne M ...

The base of the chair is 1" square tubing bent into an octogon ... I modified the existing clamp just a little so that it holds down this chair (opened the "hook" a little ... and cut a slot where there was single hole was before because I wanted this chair to be back about an inch)

I made the magazine rack. It is the second one that I have made (I had one in our '99 adventurer, too) ... it serves two purposes a) it holds paperback books and small atlasses, and b) it keeps the rocker from hitting the day night shades when the rocker is turned "sideways".

(Off topic answer)
If you are interested in making a magazine rack I could take some additional pictures and take down some dimensions and send them to you ... a friend of mine had built one for his motorhome and he made some suggestions on how his design could be improved ....
Old 10-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I wished I had done something with the chair that winnie put in the 99
suncruser. Niether of us like it, so we use it as a coat rack. I would easily say it has been several years since anyone has sat in it.

We did not like how it reclined, and it knocked the cover off of the window right away when we got it new. I said there is no use putting it back on.

So it is a catch all now. The cats like to sleep on it, and one cat sleeps under it while we are driving.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skigramp:
(Off topic answer)
If you are interested in making a magazine rack I could take some additional pictures and take down some dimensions and send them to you ... a friend of mine had built one for his motorhome and he made some suggestions on how his design could be improved .... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skigramp:
How very generous of you! Yes...PLEASE send some more photos and the dimensions! Thank you soooooo much.

I'll PM you my email address.

Again thanks soooo very much!

Jeanne
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote