Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2022, 02:47 PM   #1
Site Team

New Adventurer for 2023

I had watched a video of the improvements to the Newmar Baystar in 2023, and thought I’d see what plans Winnebago has for the Adventurer in 2023. I was happy to see they have some info posted on big changes. New basement doors, new electronics and large CarPlay display. It looks like they are bringing back some features from the 2017 Adventurer! Glad to see, as I think there is room for a more luxurious gas coach in their line.

https://www.winnebago.com/insider/pr...adventurer-35f

macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Looks pretty nice. I see they still have the A/C return air sticking through the ceiling - rather than going back to the completely ducted A/C. To me, that's a negative and it's something that neither the Newmar Baystar nor the Tiffin Open Road have. You see that in Bounders, Sportmobiles, Miramars and Georgetowns.

It also looks like they still are only using real wood on cabinet doors and drawer fronts and not gone back to the solid wood cabinet construction on framing and doors/drawers. In other words, using particle board with vinyl facing on the cabinet framing.

I do like the window in the Galley, the extra counter space, the foam mattress instead of the air mattress and the lighter color scheme. I see you can opt to not have the L-shaped sofa and that's a plus. I'm sure they'll show other lengths and floor plans soon, too.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:13 PM   #3
Site Team

Yes, agree about the AC. Not sure why they have yet to duct the return air like they used too, but maybe that’s an upgrade for next year (2024 models). I’ll look forward to seeing one in person, hopefully this year. Seeing the issues the the Journey is having getting out the door, who knows!
Old 04-30-2022, 08:11 AM   #4
Site Team

When they renamed the Vista LX as an Adventurer the body of the motorhome changed families. Previous Adventurers were built on the ceiling structure common with the Journey which had a thicker roof. So, there was more room for the fully ducted A/C. I’ve heard that our Adventurers roof structure is 4” thicker.

If you remember, when the Adventurer was discontinued so was the Journey (and Tour) due to the whole move diesel motorhome production to Oregon debacle. I never put these two things together before but it had to be because they didn’t want to move the Adventurer to Oregon.

The Vista, Vista LX and even the Forza have the A/C return air sticking through the roof instead of ducted return air.

Now that the Journey is coming back (?) perhaps the Adventurer will move back to that body style, but personally I doubt it.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Wow, I hadn’t head that, but it makes sense. Yeah, I hope they bring back a high end gasser, but they are probably positioning Newmar for that segment of the market.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:16 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Wondering which size chassis they'll use? Love that drop down bunk option up front! Not crazy about 2 bathrooms eating up so much space. Only 1 wardrobe seems small if one uses the W/D option-- but then again with W/D why take so many clothes LOL! I like that it only has 2 slides and not 3, but more floor space is an advantage with the third slide. I agree with Creativepart the non vented return comes across as a cheap approach. I guess I like the old 38 Q layout better with its massive up front living area -- but that's just me. Thanks for posting.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 06:59 AM   #7
Site Team

Non-ducted A/C return is noisier is the main issue. Since less expensive motorhomes take that route it does lump Winnebago’s top of the line gas motorhomes in with that group and makes the Newmar and Tiffin gassers stand out.

The pre-2018 Adventurers, in my view, were Winnebago Journeys without the diesel chassis.

I’m not a fan of the drop down bed, it loses a lot of front storage. But folks traveling with kids or having friends stay over are likely to appreciate that feature. The second bath? We would never go back to just one bathroom. Nor would we give up the W/D now. Full-timers need more clothes storage, but part-timers not so much.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:42 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Interesting to see the similarity of the "Silver Mist" color scheme (shown in the pictures) being so much like our 2004.

Nice to see them adding some premium features back to the Adventurer. Have to assume they'll come at a cost though.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent