Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Adventurer 27 N

We traded in our 2006 Itasca 38T for a new 2020 Adventurer 27 N. We have not yet taken our first trip....that will happen in a couple of weeks. I would love to hear from other 27N owner's about how their coaches are working out and things they have had to address.
For example, have any of you felt a need to upgrade the suspension with shocks, anti-sway bars etc. We are not going to use the "Wally" satellite system...but plan to install a DVD player....anyone have any experience in making modifications to the entertainment system? Do you have the King over-the-air antenna and do you find that it works, better/not as well as the bat-wing? Are you satisfied with the heating/cooling as provided in the coach? Our previous coach had WHW slices and levelers.....how do you like the levelers and electric driven slides on the 27N? We have a toad....on paper we should have plenty of capacity....your towing experience? Anyone install Banks?
Old 08-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We love the size and floorplan on our 2015, it just works really well for the two of us. We especially like still being able to use most of the bed with the slides in when that's necessary.

The only suspension mod I've made is the CHF and it made such a huge difference that I've never even considered adding any additional suspension parts.

On the wiring diagrams and according to Winnebago support the outlet below the TV is on the inverter, but ours is not. The TV is plugged into the outlet in the bathroom cabinet, so that's where I ran the cord for an outlet strip that I mounted just below the TV. That powers a Roku stick and Blu Ray player, and I have an hdmi splitter on the TV that both of those connect to. The King antenna seems to work just fine, but I have no real experience with any others. No issues with how the slides operate, but I do have one minor annoyance with the jacks that I'm still chasing.
No Banks, but I do have the 5-Star tune installed. Ours is the 5 speed and it makes a big difference with the shift points.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We love our 2018. The walk around queen (60x80) is excellent. Ours pre-dates the dual ACs, so camping in Texas in the summer is not so great in the late afternoon. Good before and after that time of day. The rest of the year it's more than enough. Ours only had HDMI to the main TV, so I put a splitter in the AV cabinet and ran HDMI to the bedroom TV and the exterior TV. We have a Blu-ray player but we don't find we use it that much. We have DISH satellite and a Wally, and we are pretty happy with that set up. I've made no suspension mods and have no complaints. Rig has been virtually trouble free except for minor cosmetic stuff. We bought it new and have been really happy.
IOS 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Wyocamper and IOS3. I assume that Wyocamper is from Wyoming?
IOS3....you pull a car on a trailer?.....Do you find that you have enough power when going over mountain passes?
Yes, we have two roof top AC units.....that should be overkill for around here. I hope we can get out and about further than the NW but we are tied here for the time being looking after my Mom.
Our 27N has what appears to be a HDMI outlet on the back side of the sink cabinet....on the left as you enter the coach........I can't seem to find out what this is for.....any ideas?
We put the first minor damage to the topper fabric this afternoon as we were parking. We rent a space that is only about 1" wider than the coach.....oh well.....it had to happen sometime......but so soon!#?
Old 08-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Fat Fiat - Yes, I pull an 18' aluminum open car hauler. It allows me to take the jeep, or my '64 El Camino, or my wife's car, depending on where we are going.... No problems with power. Run it out to Moab from South Texas on a regular basis with no issues. Can't help you on the input jack on the sink cabinet - we don't have it!
IOS 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I also tow a trailer, a 16' Aluma car hauler that weighs 1050#. On our trip last week we towed our CR-V, so total weight about 4600#s. I had no problem towing over multiple mountain passes in Wyoming, but averaged 5.3mpg over around a 1,000 mile trip. Togwotee Pass was a long slow trudge.

Like IOS, the trailer allows me to tow the CR-V, two FWD cars or a UTV, depending on what we're doing. Most of our camping is in the mountains with the UTV, so I had to have a trailer anyway. I could have spent another two grand or so to set up the CR-V for flat tow, and maybe $1k for a tow dolly for the cars. but I would still need the trailer anyway. Does it take a bit longer to get it tied down on the trailer vs flat tow? For sure. Do I care? Not even a little bit.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all your replies. Stay safe.

Tags
adventurer, vent