Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New 36z on the way - A couple of questions

We just ordered a 2017 Sunova 36z which comes with a residential refrigerator and I have a few of questions I hope someone can help with.

The 36z has an inverter and extra house batteries for the residential refrigerator. When driving will the batteries be kept at 100%, or will the demand of the refrigerator be greater then the charge going to the batteries, meaning we could end up at our location with house batteries that are not 100% charged.

When dry camping roughly how long will the batteries last before requiring the generator to charge them up? I understand this depends on the amount of electricity we are using in addition to the draw from the refrigerator.

The 36z has an auto gen start for when the batteries get too low. Can anyone tell me how long the generator typically runs for (after auto get start triggers) before it tops up the batteries.

Thanks,

Ken
kwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Ken, we have a Itasca 36m with I think we have the same set up. Residential frig. With 6 batteries and 2800 inverter. We do a lot of boon docking. It has a 100 watt solar panel, I am putting on more solar to assist daytime power. Automatic generator start set to comes on and generator will run about 4 hours to bring batteries to float. It is a great combination. I always try to start frig. Either on shore power or with generator. After fridge get to your temp. It does not take a lot of power to keep it cold.
Gene
Gene Holcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
We just ordered a 2017 Sunova 36z which comes with a residential refrigerator and I have a few of questions I hope someone can help with.

The 36z has an inverter and extra house batteries for the residential refrigerator. When driving will the batteries be kept at 100%, or will the demand of the refrigerator be greater then the charge going to the batteries, meaning we could end up at our location with house batteries that are not 100% charged.
how big an inverter? ours is a Magnum 2000-watt which is more than adequate. and so far no issues with the coach batteries being drained.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

When dry camping roughly how long will the batteries last before requiring the generator to charge them up? I understand this depends on the amount of electricity we are using in addition to the draw from the refrigerator.

The 36z has an auto gen start for when the batteries get too low. Can anyone tell me how long the generator typically runs for (after auto get start triggers) before it tops up the batteries.

Thanks,

Ken

Awesome MH, hope you have many many days of Great RV'ing with it.
Now id you want to get ahead of the game, go to the Winnebago site and look under Resources, then Product Information, then select the Year and the Model, then Operator Manuals, then 2016 Operators Manual, then most likely 7th digit is a 2 manual.
You can download it and start reading all about your MH and how to Properly Operate everything.

While you are there I would suggest that you download all of the Pluming and wiring diagrams also. These things come in handy when trouble shooting problems.

Enjoy the manuals and the MH
Old 05-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Holcomb View Post
Ken, we have a Itasca 36m with I think we have the same set up. Residential frig. With 6 batteries and 2800 inverter. We do a lot of boon docking. It has a 100 watt solar panel, I am putting on more solar to assist daytime power. Automatic generator start set to comes on and generator will run about 4 hours to bring batteries to float. It is a great combination. I always try to start frig. Either on shore power or with generator. After fridge get to your temp. It does not take a lot of power to keep it cold.
Gene
Thanks Gene. We will have a 2000 watt inverter, 4 batteries, and no solar, so I think our experience will be different then yours is.

How long does your unit run before the batteries require a generator recharge?
Old 05-18-2016, 08:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
how big an inverter? ours is a Magnum 2000-watt which is more than adequate. and so far no issues with the coach batteries being drained.
We will have a 2000 watt inverter, I'm not sure what brand it will be.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Awesome MH, hope you have many many days of Great RV'ing with it.
Now id you want to get ahead of the game, go to the Winnebago site and look under Resources, then Product Information, then select the Year and the Model, then Operator Manuals, then 2016 Operators Manual, then most likely 7th digit is a 2 manual.
You can download it and start reading all about your MH and how to Properly Operate everything.

While you are there I would suggest that you download all of the Pluming and wiring diagrams also. These things come in handy when trouble shooting problems.

Enjoy the manuals and the MH
Great idea, thanks. I'm reading the manual now.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
We will have a 2000 watt inverter, I'm not sure what brand it will be.
I should have added that the inverter feeds off of 4 AGM batteries.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote