Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-03-2022, 01:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New 2021 Adventurer Model 27n

We purchased a new Adventurer 27N with Ford F53 chassis. On the way home from the dealer the check engine light came on, cruise control stopped working and the front end alignment needs checking. We live in the Houston area and I have checked Ford's Commercial Dealers listed on Ford's commercial site. Four show they
do motorhomes but when I call they no longer repair motorhomes. I was told the dealer in Rosenburg, TX is the only dealer in our area. This is unbelievable to me. I called them and they will not accept appointments now since their repair lot is full. I was told to try again in February.
I contracted Ford Headquarters and their customer service. They told me they could not help. Now this expensive motorhome sits in our garage and we can't use it. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to this Ford fixed.
ElmondTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Before hanging it all up. Let's take it a step at a time.

First, it would be great to learn what the CEL is in reference to. I'd guess you don't have a code reader. Normally, you can take the RV to an Auto Parts store and they will read the code on the engine and give you an indication of what might be the cause. Sometimes it is very rudimentary and easily set right. If that's the case then they can simply clear the code and that problem will be fixed. Hopefully, permanently.

Next, the Cruise Control. That's a bigger issue and needs fixed but shouldn't preclude you using the coach.

I'm not sure that your Ford dealer will agree to check the alignment. This may fall into a gray area as to who is responsible for this. Contact Winnebago Customer Care and explain the issue (alignment) and ask them for permission to have the alignment checked and possibly reset locally at a truck alignment service center and then reimburse you for the expense. You may have to ask WBGO more than once and demand nicely to speak to a supervisor. But you will need a very good reason for needing the alignment checked - i.e. wandering, pulling and unsafe driving.

In San Antonio, I know of an independent RV service center that works with factory warranty depts to get things fixed under warranty for customers. They usually have no more than a 2-week wait for an appointment and they strive to turn all jobs around in a few days.

That doesn't help you in Houston, but if you'd like to take a trip to San Antonio their shop is Texas RV Supply.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 27N

Thanks for your reply. Very informative. I am still trying to find a repair center that does Ford warranty work in the Houston area. I plan to call Swift Fleet Services in Conroe this morning. They do RV work and have pretty good reviews. I may end up in San Antonio at the dealer you suggest. I know the alignment will be an issue. Our last motorhome was a Fleetwood Discovery on a Freightliner chassis. I refused to go to the selling dealer and found a RV center in Sequin. I lived in Katy at the time and only about 2 hour drive. They were outstanding. Anyway, still disappointing and frustrating Ford does not have repair centers in the Houston area.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Known Issue

Several including myself with a 2021 Adventurer 36z has had the same issue. My states “Service Advance Track” when than warning comes on you lose Hill Assist, Cruise Control, and Tracking. On my if I turn the switch off wait 10 minutes it resets.

Issue is one of these items “Tone Rings,”, ABS Sensors and it still hit and miss. Ford is well aware and issued a TSB
Ronaldsndrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmondTX1 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Very informative. I am still trying to find a repair center that does Ford warranty work in the Houston area. I plan to call Swift Fleet Services in Conroe this morning. They do RV work and have pretty good reviews. I may end up in San Antonio at the dealer you suggest. I know the alignment will be an issue. Our last motorhome was a Fleetwood Discovery on a Freightliner chassis. I refused to go to the selling dealer and found a RV center in Sequin. I lived in Katy at the time and only about 2 hour drive. They were outstanding. Anyway, still disappointing and frustrating Ford does not have repair centers in the Houston area.
The cruise is disabled as a result of whatever fault code the engine or transmission has. It’s the electronic throttle that is the cruise anymore, no other parts like the old systems. If you resolve the code, the cruise will be enabled again most likely.

I also am surprised that Ford can sell thousands of F53 chassis’s and provide very little service support in most areas. It’s gone on for a long time. Not exactly customer friendly.
khogle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 27N

Thanks for your replies. I did check TSB and no results for my motorhome warranty issues. I contacted Ford and told them I felt like we purchased a boat in the basement with no service available. I also asked for the name and phone number of a manger. Their reply was "We will connect with our team to see if there are alternate contacts we can provide." That was on 1/4/22 and so far no response. I will wait another week before contacting them again realizing my problem is probably not a priority for them.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...83565-0001.pdf
Ronaldsndrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:54 PM   #8
Site Team

Pretty sure every Ford dealer has a factory area rep and a regional ombudsman to handle dealer service complaints. Be the squeaky wheel don’t hesitate to be that guy. They’re hoping you’ll go away.

https://www.ford.com/help/contact/
Old 01-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

There are plenty of inexpensive OBD2 code readers to be found on Amazon, buy one of those, download an app to go with it and you can pull the code yourself. From there you can probably determine what's wrong and whether or not you REALLY don't have to drive the RV.

Call the RV dealer, I bet they know the name of someone who does mobile alignments. If they don't start Googling for someone in your area. There IS someone, you just have to find them.
Old 07-31-2023, 08:59 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

My experience is that dealers and service centers will outwait you on warranty service requests. In my opinion, just consider that warranties in general are worthless and pay to have the service provided. Think in regard to all RV's: "When you play, you pay".
joscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:09 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

I found a blog that said that sometimes the 'Service AdvanceTrac' dash message can be reset, (assuming there is no underlying issue), by disconnecting the ground to the auto battery for a short while. I hope this is a reasonable approach as I have that signal at this time on my RV. I am going to try it today. I acquired the RV new in May and it hasn't been used yet.
joscar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent